Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something must be wrong !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something must be wrong !!

Went fishing today. Overcast, a little windy, Only avoided the skunk by 5 fish. Got very few bites and the bite was very lite and almost non- existant, I didn't get to go until late. Maybe that was the problem. I came home and cleaned up my boat..... So howcome I can't wait to go again until Thursday....Must be something wrong...crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

I can relate. The worse whooping I take the sooner I want to go back.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Look how lucky you were,look at it this way you may have been the only one catching on that lake today.Thats what I tell everybody when the skunk sneaks up on me....

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like golf, have a bad round and we wanna get back out and show we are better than that. Some days are gonna be like that, kinda keeps it fun by adding some mystery.
    Keep them poles bent and the boat right side up! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I had a bad day last Thurs, only boated a dozen keepers. A good day to some, but I've been doing a lot better! I have plans to give them another chance for a free livewell ride again this Thurs! Got a few tricks up my sleeve I'm going to try out - LOL. That's why it's called Fishing and not Catching!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take a dozen keepers any time but that's the kind of a day when I wake up at 3 the next morning and can't go back to sleep until I figure out what I did wrong like... oh, I'll try that this friday... or... if I'd of just used my I-pilot a little better to move along/sneak along the lilly pads, yeah that's what I'll do next time out, etc. ect.

Post Thanks / Like

You must be addicted! (I know I am)

we've been experiencing the extremely light bite here in Texas also... for about a month. Don't know why.
    It's interesting to hear about it in other parts of the country also.
    Sometimes we have to d-r-a-g the jig along a tree limb to entice a bite.
    I thought they be fattening up for the upcoming winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Coincidentally, I went over to our main Texas forum TFF (Texas Fishing Forum) and a guide on Cedar Creek Lake was very descriptive about the light bite also.
    Good stuff here.

Cedar Creek Guide Report from Big Crappie.com - Texas Fishing Forum

The last two trips I've ran, Monday and Saturday, the skies were very dark, the wind was 5-10 from the south/southeast, and the fish were cooperative after about nine o'clock. The first two hours of daylight did see some action, but the bite certainly improved as the skies got brighter. At this time, we found the fish to be fairly shallow. As the mornings went on, we backed out a bit to deeper water, and started putting better numbers of crappie together.

The jig bite is improving, as long as you're using a 1/16th oz jig head. We're still having to trick a few fish with a minnow, but they're starting to get much more aggressive, and should be weened off the minnows in the next two weeks. Some of the fish want the jig pitched, but a majority have wanted the bait held perfectly still for 20-30 seconds at a time, touch the bottom, then bring it back to the top of the structure only to hold it dead still again.

The bite on both the jig and the minnow has been extremely light, and in some cases, almost nonexistent. Just a change in pressure has been the signal for several bites in the last few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexExp View Post
    You must be addicted! (I know I am)

we've been experiencing the extremely light bite here in Texas also... for about a month. Don't know why.
    It's interesting to hear about it in other parts of the country also.
    Sometimes we have to d-r-a-g the jig along a tree limb to entice a bite.
    I thought they be fattening up for the upcoming winter.
    The fish are def getting fatter. Shorties won't even go down in my Frabill crappie measuring board!!! I just think this weather is messing them up & I've been going out on Blue Bird days
    I'd go out now, but I have to help Belinda work on a custom color for a customer - and tomorrow it will be another Blue Bird
    www.thermoclinelures.com

Quality Handmade Fishing Lures - "Helping YOU Catch MORE & LARGER Fish"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnonEye View Post
    I'll take a dozen keepers any time but that's the kind of a day when I wake up at 3 the next morning and can't go back to sleep until I figure out what I did wrong like... oh, I'll try that this friday... or... if I'd of just used my I-pilot a little better to move along/sneak along the lilly pads, yeah that's what I'll do next time out, etc. ect.
    Yep, always thinking about the"Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" Live & learn, that's what makes you a better angler
    www.thermoclinelures.com

Quality Handmade Fishing Lures - "Helping YOU Catch MORE & LARGER Fish"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast