Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Headed to LOZ for work, looking to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Headed to LOZ for work, looking to fish

Head to LOZ outside of Osage and am debating on taking the boat. I have never fished LOZ and have no clue where to go or how to fish it. May just head down without the boat and try to fish the docks around the marina I am staying at. Any advice on places to fish without the boat? Thanks
    David D.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems what little I have fished that lake,there is fish everywhere.Maybe I just got lucky each time.Good luck to ya.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at LOZ Tuesday - Thursday of last week. I didn't take my boat either. Fished off docks where we stayed at Alhonna Resort out at end of HH. There is brush in a lot of the boat slips. Brought back 48 crappie with about half of them being 12-14 inches long. They were biting very softly ... sometimes you didn't even feel a bite. Best time to fish was about an hour before sunrise and after sunset. Best bait was a pink/white Lake Fork little baby shad. Also caught some off chartreuse/white. You can fish off Alhonna's docks for a fee ... I think it might be $5. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by set the hook View Post
    I was at LOZ Tuesday - Thursday of last week. I didn't take my boat either. Fished off docks where we stayed at Alhonna Resort out at end of HH. There is brush in a lot of the boat slips. Brought back 48 crappie with about half of them being 12-14 inches long. They were biting very softly ... sometimes you didn't even feel a bite. Best time to fish was about an hour before sunrise and after sunset. Best bait was a pink/white Lake Fork little baby shad. Also caught some off chartreuse/white. You can fish off Alhonna's docks for a fee ... I think it might be $5. Good luck!

Sounds like a good time. I'll give it a shot and hopefully I can be thankful for the freezer in my room!. Thanks for the info.
    David D.