Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: That ain't really crappie fishing! Opinions?

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default That ain't really crappie fishing! Opinions?

My wife and I had an interesting discussion last night. Seems a good friend of ours has expressed his opinion about crappie fishing to her. He told her that the way I fish most of the time is not really crappie fishing and he would never be caught fishing that way. She told him that we had really been doing well pulling Bandits and would soon start longlining. He says if one is not holding the pole in ones hand while fishing for crappie, it's not really crappie fishing. Rather than trying to have a discussion with him, she let him say his piece then went on about her business.

To me it is nothing more than a Ford/Chevy, tastes great/less filling, SEC/ACC, red/blue argument. I happen to have severe numbness issues in my hands at times from a work related injury and can't go for very long periods holding a rod or pole. Sitting them in a rod holder until I see a strike works best for me whether it is a crank or a jig I'm using for bait.

Anybody else have to justify the way you "fish" to your "friends"? I guess those 9 quart bags of fillets we cleaned Sat weren't really his kind of crappie.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting that folks want to argue a technique without asking why somebody uses it or trying it themselves. One of the reasons I spider rig is because I have numbness and pain and can't grip a pole for any length of time. Plus, when you're watching several poles at the same time, you sure don't get bored! We all know that poles in multiple rod holders does NOT automatically result in boatloads of fish. If it did, everybody would be doin' it! We all rib each other over one thing or another, but I figure folks who really criticize someone's technique are just jealous because they don't possess the same skill set.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it's legal I don't see a problem with any style of fishing. A limit is a limit know matter how they were caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabyanker View Post
    As long as it's legal I don't see a problem with any style of fishing.
    Exactly. It's your free time and your money. Fish however you want.

FWIW, there's a local guy I know of who swears that you're not fishing unless you have a fly rod in your hand.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're catching crappie, you're crappie fishing.

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm assuming if you are trot lining or yo yoing you are not fishing either?? lol. Fishing is fishing as long as legal as already stated. I once held a piece of mono, a hook with worm, and sinker while wearing googles and snorkle when I was a kid. Caught LOTS of bream that way AND it was alot of fun. lol. As long as you aren't shocking or dynamiting your fishing...lol.
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

Post Thanks / Like

Feller must be part of the single pole mafia we have down here

Post Thanks / Like

Me Myself and I wish that Trolling and Pulling Cranks and Snagging were Illegal. And yes I have done all mentioned but no more.

I have plenty of Crappie in the freezer and I only use one pole at a time.

I know you guys don't think so. But just keep it up and watch the limits on Crappie get lowered and lowered.

Just My 2 Cents nothing more.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zuk1200 View Post

Me Myself and I wish that Trolling and Pulling Cranks and Snagging were Illegal. And yes I have done all mentioned but no more.

I know you guys don't think so. But just keep it up and watch the limits on Crappie get lowered and lowered.

So, Mr Holier Than Thou, why should I care what you think about the way I do things just like I don't care what my friend thinks about it? Folks like yourself and my friend are the only ones who will get the limits on crappie or poles lowered and it is all just jealousy on your part. 20 fish limit with one pole or 10 poles is the same amount of fish.

As far as I know, snagging game fish is and has always been illegal---at least in these parts.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zuk1200 View Post

If they do, we WILL continue to catch limit after limit just like we are now.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast