Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vacumn sealers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacumn sealers

Any suggestions? About to buy my first and getting mixed reviews on several different brands.

Thanks for any help

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one and am not impressed. I wanted to package my deer meat in it but quickly figured out I need to freeze the meat and then seal it. If you don't, the blood gets in the vacuum chamber and it doesn't seal good. Maybe some brands are different but mine won't.
    I just pack my deer meat in water in a good ole ziplock and freeze it. Just my thoughts on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkcrappie View Post
    I bought one and am not impressed. I wanted to package my deer meat in it but quickly figured out I need to freeze the meat and then seal it. If you don't, the blood gets in the vacuum chamber and it doesn't seal good. Maybe some brands are different but mine won't.
    I just pack my deer meat in water in a good ole ziplock and freeze it. Just my thoughts on them.
    Yeah... Thats what im getting when reading about them... So u freeze ur deer like u do ur fish?

What brand u talking about kent?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacumn sealers

If you get the Game Saver one at BPS, you'll love it. I bought one to replace the cheaper one I had, and you can seal wet fish, or anything with it. Food Saver brand.

I vacuum seal all my fish now. It's easy. I date all my packages, and use the oldest ones first. They will keep for 2-3 years. I usually don't keep mine very long, but have found some that got buried in the freezer that long and they were fine.

http://www.basspro.com/FoodSaver-Gam...duct/10215333/
    Last edited by BigRiverMarine; 10-13-2013 at 06:47 PM.
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    If you get the 200.00 dollar one at BPS, you'll love it. Can't remember the model. I bought one to replace the cheaper one I had, and you can seal wet fish, or anything with it. Food Saver brand.
    Thanks bill... Been reading about that one... Alot of negative reviews about it getting hot when sealing alot at one time... Having to let it cool down... You ever had any problems with overheating?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacumn sealers

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdog View Post
    Thanks bill... Been reading about that one... Alot of negative reviews about it getting hot when sealing alot at one time... Having to let it cool down... You ever had any problems with overheating?
    Never noticed mine getting hot. I've never sealed an Elk tho. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacumn sealers

I have sealed 10-12 bags of fish at a time tho. Never had a single issue. My old one was was the 80-100 model from Wally World, and the pump diaphragm when out after 6 or 8 years of light use. I had to pat my fillets dry with paper towels when I used that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverMarine View Post
    I have sealed 10-12 bags of fish at a time tho. Never had a single issue. My old one was was the 80-100 model from Wally World, and the pump diaphragm when out after 6 or 8 years of light use. I had to pat my fillets dry with paper towels when I used that one.
    10/4.... Thanks... Just a lot of negative reviews on several diff brands . Doesnt seem like a clear cut winner among sealers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacumn sealers

Randy, I'll dig mine out and see what brand it is. I don't remember right now. It was great to seal dry stuff. My other issue was the price of the bags.
    I do freeze my deer just like I do my fish. It does not hurt it and I have zero freezer burn on the meat. Packed in water most items will last 3 years in the freezer and for the price of the sealer and the bags I can buy ziplocs for a lot of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kent! That is good to know. Probably will be the direction I go as well. If it last a year, I will be good!

Thanks again for all the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by arkcrappie View Post
    Randy, I'll dig mine out and see what brand it is. I don't remember right now. It was great to seal dry stuff. My other issue was the price of the bags.
    I do freeze my deer just like I do my fish. It does not hurt it and I have zero freezer burn on the meat. Packed in water most items will last 3 years in the freezer and for the price of the sealer and the bags I can buy ziplocs for a lot of years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast