PDA

View Full Version : NOVEMBER 16, 2013 SLABTOGETHER Lake Harney

flycaster
10-13-2013, 05:13 PM
This will be our FIRST slabtogether.
Our host will be SPECKTACKLURE. :cheers2
He will be providing details such as where to launch, time to launch.
This event will not be a picnic style event. Bring your own eats and drinks, this will allow you to munch while fishing and not have to wait until you get back to the launch.
Fishing will be from launch time until about 3:00 PM, at which time we should be back at the launch to weigh in and record our catch.:fish

Speckanator
10-15-2013, 05:55 AM
WebApp | Navionics (http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp)

Some good depth and contour information on Lake Harney. Also, you can google earth C S Lee park (Lake Harney ramp). Thanks specktacklure for hosting. Any brand is alright and I wear a xlg.

Skiffin16
10-17-2013, 07:16 AM
I had a great time at Lake Monroe and appreciate the hospitality...

If anyone is going to pre-fish Lake Harney and has an empty spot (if it's a day I have free), I can always use the education and experience. Also, I'm more than willing to share some of the expense.

Thanks ~ John

specktacklure
10-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Ok folks, I have not been ignorin this - just been reel busy. Got halloween parties, fall festivals, a wedding next weekend & it is huntin & speck fishin season:yikes all at the same time.

I will be posting more info after this weekend, gonna check the ramp area on Sunday since I have never put in at this ramp.

He will be providing details such as where to launch, time to launch

Will be launching from CS Lee Park, Jolly Gator on SR 46
Fish from 7AM, lines in water to 2:30PM lines out - weigh in at 3 PM. This will give time to get back & load or travel from north end of lake back to ramp.
Fish from SR 46 to north end of Lake Harney

Speckanator & flycaster may be doing additional raffles but I have a few things & will be placing an order tonite with Slab for some crappie.com gear. These prizes will be awarded to slabtogether participants ONLY, if you don't fish you will not get a ticket. Tickets will be given to you at launch facility that mornin - more details to follow soon.:biggrin

Crappieday
10-23-2013, 04:00 PM
Specktacklure, I have launched at cs lee park many times, very good launch not like Monroe park but a good double ramp with a floating dock in the middle with a sandy area to pull your boat up on, if you want to. We may want to have a leader to have others follow out to the lake as with the water up high someone may take the wrong cut and get lost. Or not just a suggestion...........

Speckanator
10-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Google earth gives a great picture of ramps and parking and the run. Do you want me to autograph some photos?

Sounds like a good time !!!!:Rofl I plan to fish it next week......I've been cleaning house, doing laundry etc. this week.

Speck Detector
10-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Hopefully this general map lay-out can help a few folks pre-fish'n or attending the event. The travel path from C.S. Lee park marked with the red star is the way to go. At the star, wave to Crappieday & you'll know your on the right path. Word has it he may cover everybody's launch fee this time...J/K no fee's. All the red marked areas are shallow flats, enter at your own risk, very slowly. The orange line is the main channel & where the orange & red meet is the spot most people get into trouble, however, the water levels are good presently. Just make sure as you enter the lake there is a orange cone on a pvc pipe, make a sharp 90 degree right hand turn & go at least 75 yards straight north after the cone before turning west, there's about 15 ft to each side of the cone that should be 3-4 ft deep. The 2 green lines are under water fence post that you can see from the bank, should be ok 30 yards from the last visual post in the water. Every where else 8-9 ft with normal decent from banks. Good luck to all & will update fish report sooooon! Just remember when traveling to the lake you can't go wrong if you head north against the St. John's southern flow turning east & west a couple times.......

specktacklure
10-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Went by there today but didn't have the boat, here's where you turn off 46 to the park
140503:Rofl
& here's the boat ramp
140504:Rofl:crazy::Rofl

Speckanator
10-27-2013, 08:33 PM
It looks perfect! Nice pictures too!:witching

specktacklure
10-28-2013, 07:53 PM
rotflHa, ha so here's the real pics. For those that have never put in there (like me) the park entrance
is just after the bridge if coming from the east & just before the bridge going west.
I talked with Slab recently too & I think he may coming & delivering the goodies himself.:biggrin

Skiffin16
10-28-2013, 09:16 PM
Now can you post a few when it's dark, LOL... OK, sorry couldn't resist... Thanks for the scouting mission Bryan...

JG

Speckanator
10-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey skiffin is this ok? This is what it will look like when we get there:yikes................also, are you going with Don or bringing your boat?

Skiffin16
10-29-2013, 09:31 AM
Perfect....

I rec'd an invite from flycaster for this go around....

I should be able to start taking my boat after this, just need to add a few things for trolling and such.

All of you are super on helping me out getting started... Bryan has given me a lot of information, thanks to all of you.

John

RiceRocket
10-29-2013, 10:01 AM
How far is it to the lake from the launch ??? RR

specktacklure
10-29-2013, 11:00 AM

I measured it on the map provided by Speck Detector & it's only about an inch or so.:Rofl

Skiffin16
10-29-2013, 11:18 AM

Looks to be about 1 1/2 mile or so.....

RiceRocket
10-29-2013, 12:34 PM
I knew it , I knew it , LOL Is that by way of the Crow flys or by channel RR

Skiffin16
10-29-2013, 12:41 PM
It was an Osprey following the channel looking for bream...:fingerdance

Speckanator
10-29-2013, 04:13 PM
Fish from 7AM, lines in water to 2:30PM lines out - weigh in at 3 PM.

I don't think I've ever fished that long in my life....will I be disqualified if I beach da boat and hit the restaurant/bar around 1:00 and drink til everybody gets in? I'all leev da baot en da watur an uh da live wale runin! :Rofl

RiceRocket
10-30-2013, 06:23 AM
Good Idea Speckanator ! RR

65pontiac
10-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Took a ride down there yesterday. Made reservations at the KOA (I-95 & hwy46) and then went to the ramp. Talked to the girl at the bait shop there, told here about the slabfest so she will order extra minnows for that Saturday for those that want them. They open a 6am. Talked to the FWC and he said they were not catching much in harney but jessup was the place to be. Thinking this will change in two weeks time.

Speckanator
10-30-2013, 01:34 PM
I don't put much store in what FWC says...............cause I lie to them too:Rofl And apparently he didn't know who we are:Rofl those Harney fish have been waiting a long time to get in our boats:fish

SlowRideStu
10-31-2013, 08:44 AM
6 pounds in Monroe..................... going to take 7 to 8 pounds for 5 fish here easy............ larger fish in Harney hands down :).............................but its going to be hard work.................. plant debris may be an issue, they wont touch a jig dragging debris.

My money is on big fish over 2 pounds. Going to be an awesome day!

Question? is it lake only? or can teams fish in the river itself?

Crappieday
10-31-2013, 11:19 AM
6 pounds in Monroe..................... going to take 7 to 8 pounds for 5 fish here easy............ larger fish in Harney hands down :).............................but its going to be hard work.................. plant debris may be an issue, they wont touch a jig dragging debris.

My money is on big fish over 2 pounds. Going to be an awesome day!

Question? is it lake only? or can teams fish in the river itself?

No fish in the river so don't even try..............hee...heee.......heee

Speck Detector
11-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Took a ride down there yesterday. Made reservations at the KOA (I-95 & hwy46) and then went to the ramp. Talked to the girl at the bait shop there, told here about the slabfest so she will order extra minnows for that Saturday for those that want them. They open a 6am. Talked to the FWC and he said they were not catching much in harney but jessup was the place to be. Thinking this will change in two weeks time.

Lou Ann's a good gal, give her your business if you can!

Speckanator
11-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Here's what's at stake folks..............bragging rights!!!:crazy:

Here's a clearer pic for x racer :Rofl

x racer
11-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Looking good second picture is little easier for me to see.lol mike make sure you check the dates on those trophies

Speckanator
11-04-2013, 05:10 PM
make sure you check the dates on those trophies

BAM!!:Rofl

x racer
11-04-2013, 05:21 PM
I know who's going to get second in 2103 at Monroe rotfland one day I'm going to get these pictures right side up

Speckanator
11-08-2013, 05:54 AM
I know it's a way off...but the wind dude says kind of a windy week and then it will 2 to 4 mph all day long on the 16th!:fish

specktacklure
11-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Change in plans, goin this Saturday to prefish - 2 boats putin n at Lemon Bluff

Anyone else goin this weekend or ya'll at Talquin?

specktacklure
11-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Here's a gander at some of the door prizes that will be drawn after the weigh in, you will be given a raffle ticket before we go out fishing.
Make sure to see me & get a ticket before you go out, only people fishing will get a ticket for these prizes. I will try to be there around
5:30-6am & stay as close to 7 before leaving the ramp. Slab is bringin some c.c swag too.

Speckanator
11-11-2013, 05:33 AM
AWESOME! I'll be there @ 6 as well and bring the roll of tickets. Anybody interested in a $1.00 fruit jar.... winner take all for BIGGEST FISH?

x racer
11-11-2013, 06:09 AM
AWESOME! I'll be there @ 6 as well and bring the roll of tickets. Anybody interested in a $1.00 fruit jar.... winner take all for BIGGEST FISH?
Sounds good can i bring a fish with me to?:Rofl

TnT
11-11-2013, 08:28 PM
I wish I could jump in the truck and be there with yall this weekend, but I reckon I am gonna have to save up to be at Crescent in January...Shaping up to be a good time at Harney!!!:ThumbsUp:ThumbsUp:ThumbsUp

Crappiegirl1
11-12-2013, 03:53 PM
Here's a gander at some of the door prizes that will be drawn after the weigh in, you will be given a raffle ticket before we go out fishing.
Make sure to see me & get a ticket before you go out, only people fishing will get a ticket for these prizes. I will try to be there around
5:30-6am & stay as close to 7 before leaving the ramp. Slab is bringin some c.c swag too.

Just cause I won all the prizes last slabfest and didn't fish_--------------just sayen Lol

Crappieday
11-14-2013, 07:21 PM

I'll just give my $1 to x racer at the launch in the morning............

Speckanator
11-14-2013, 07:30 PM

Me too..................why go through the hassel

x racer
11-14-2013, 08:28 PM
I have a feeling I will be donating my dollar.have not did any pre fishing on harney.i know oh specktackler has some hot spots. and not counting out speckanator our crappieday our ???????.but that's ok I will donate a dollar any day to go fishing.hope weather holds out because I'm ready. Just got done loading up my cast nets.lol

Speckanator
11-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Bait shop is open early.....see everyone there!

Crappieday
11-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Don't forget to wave...........