Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard To Keep A Jig In The Water/ Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hard To Keep A Jig In The Water/ Pics

This morning was one to dream for. The weather was overcast 53 degrees and dead calm. And the crappie were on the feed. We boated 72 in 2 hours. A few pics taken and all sent back. This is the first year for this place to produce like it has. I the past 2-3 years we got a few small ones. But they have exploded and I expect to be into lots of 15 - 16 next year. If others when they discover this spot will also be selective in the taking of these fine crappie it only get better. Name:  DSC01124.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  52.8 KBName:  DSC01125.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  41.4 KBName:  DSC01126.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  47.8 KBName:  DSC01127.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  48.0 KBName:  DSC01128.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  45.9 KBName:  DSC01130.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  47.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty fish.
    Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
    Ronald Reagan -

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bee .... I'm curious about those fish. In some of your pictures, some of the Crappie "appear" to be Blacknose. It may just be that you're photographing them from the side, and the shadows are creating that effect, but then some appear to have a darker band of black from their top lip up towards their dorsal fin. Are any of them Blacknose Black Crappie, or is it just the way they're being photographed ??

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Bee .... I'm curious about those fish. In some of your pictures, some of the Crappie "appear" to be Blacknose. It may just be that you're photographing them from the side, and the shadows are creating that effect, but then some appear to have a darker band of black from their top lip up towards their dorsal fin. Are any of them Blacknose Black Crappie, or is it just the way they're being photographed ??

... cp
    I think it is just the way the pic. comes out. This body of water is very stained so I have to let them soak awhile to get the good colors back. Maybe next time I will do a before and after shot. Just to show the difference. We have a no live fish law here so I have to careful in what I show.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    I think it is just the way the pic. comes out. This body of water is very stained so I have to let them soak awhile to get the good colors back. Maybe next time I will do a before and after shot. Just to show the difference. We have a no live fish law here so I have to careful in what I show.
    Bee: Can you explain this law????? Curious mind at work.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Flycaster ... I had the same question, until I realized Bee was talking about a "no live (fish) BAIT" law. The intent of that law is to protect the Trout fishery. Crappie were considered a nuisance fish until recently ... and they still have no size limit laws.

... cp

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bee, you are a lucky man to have that fishery. Catch a BIG one for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    If you catch a fish it has to be killed or released. No live well use is permitted. Only in Bass Tourney's.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    If you catch a fish it has to be killed or released. No live well use is permitted. Only in Bass Tourney's.
    Is that statewide, or just in certain areas or lakes ?? Is that specific to Crappie, or to ALL fish of that area or lake ??

Sorry about the misinterpretation ... I thought you were referring to a no live bait (fish) law.

... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast