Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie fishing in The Tonawandas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie fishing in The Tonawandas

I'll be spending a couple of months in North Tonawanda NY and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Crappie fishing up there?
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about the crappie fishing in NT, but you'll be in a fishing goldmine there and at the right time, though I do seem to recall that there are some crappies in the upper Niagara river if you can keep the 55 inch muskies from chewing them off your line before you get them in. The upper Niagara is a monster muskie hotspot. The lower Niagara is a hotspot for every northern fish there is. You have walleye and smallie fishing in Lake Erie and to the north you have Lake Ontario with one of the best salmon and steelhead runs in recent history going on right now with 20lb - 50lb kings all over the place. Your gonna be here for the fall walleye and smallie runs as well. There are also several small lakes in the area that I'm sure have crappie populations as well as giant perch and nice smallies. I hope you'll have lots of time for fishing. There are also some killer tackle shop up along Ontario if your a tackle junkie like me but they mainly cater to the salmon fishermen. http://www.outdoorsniagara.com/
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 10-11-2006 at 01:55 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Thanks for the info...Yeah I'll have lots of time for fishing..
    The salmon sounds great

Thanks GRIZZ
    Roy

Post Thanks / Like

yw
    Good things come to those who bait.