Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks Mom and Dad

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Mom and Dad

As far back as I can remember I have always enjoyed fishing with my Mom and Dad. As Dad grew older it seems he lost his patience and desire, but, not my Mom. She would watch a cork... forever. Nothing came between her and watching that cork, not even food or drink.I guess that is where I got it from. I can always think of things to try,ways to fish, and it never seems to get old. Sometimes I win and sometimes the fish put it on me. I always love the going and trying as much as the catching. I always see something that I would not have seen had I not gone fishing. It's easy to see God in every thing out there.If you don't find him out there, you are not paying attention. Like most fishermen it's nice to catch some fish however success or failure is not determined by how many fish I catch. Every time that I am able to go it's a treat and a pleasure. It is now cooling off and the fun is just starting... Hope everyone has some great trips and enjoys it as much as I do....... Good Fishing.....crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

I was discussing this with my wife the other day whether people are born with the desire to be hunters and fishermen. I think most of us who love it had someone in our life who took time to take us and help us learn to love it that much more. For me, it was my Uncle Bob. It wasn't just the great hunting and fishing trips we had together either. Just sitting around the kitchen table and listening to his stories and the numerous tall tales, he used to tell just wet my appetite for more.
    I was very lucky to have someone like him in my life and I sure miss him.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My Dad planted the seed and raised all 4 of us kids in the Scouting tradition. This furthered the education and instilled a love and respect for the outdoors and the natural balance there. Fishing was his focus with us, and he enjoyed camping his entire life, even til he went in a motor home instead of a tent. I can't tell you where the ball teams are from hardly, but I can relate other things that deal with seasonal changes and their effects in the animals behavior. I too believe that some folks are born to these pursuits, but regardless whether born or bred to it, I'm happy to call them brother and enjoy the day with them. Everyone brings something to the table that we all benefit from. I'm with you though......Thanks Mom and Dad.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    As far back as I can remember I have always enjoyed fishing with my Mom and Dad. As Dad grew older it seems he lost his patience and desire, but, not my Mom. She would watch a cork... forever. Nothing came between her and watching that cork, not even food or drink.I guess that is where I got it from. I can always think of things to try,ways to fish, and it never seems to get old. Sometimes I win and sometimes the fish put it on me. I always love the going and trying as much as the catching. I always see something that I would not have seen had I not gone fishing. It's easy to see God in every thing out there.If you don't find him out there, you are not paying attention. Like most fishermen it's nice to catch some fish however success or failure is not determined by how many fish I catch. Every time that I am able to go it's a treat and a pleasure. It is now cooling off and the fun is just starting... Hope everyone has some great trips and enjoys it as much as I do....... Good Fishing.....crappie1133
    You are 100% right!! It is the time you spend out there with God, Family and Friends!!

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff