Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about reel lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question about reel lights

I own one of Bob's Reel Lights. I'd like to make more. Does anyone know exactly what kind of cover he used for the lights?

Thanks, JJ

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure.....I have two of the larger size reel lites.....looks like lexan tubeing to me
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Scrapper is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II - Moderator Mechanics forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Never seen a reel light. Can you post a pic of one??
    "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 25:15

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a under water green led fishing light. REEL-LIGHT was the brand name... .Bob Spare a member here built and sold them untill his death. I miss Bob.....he was a good guy.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JJME2 View Post
    I own one of Bob's Reel Lights. I'd like to make more. Does anyone know exactly what kind of cover he used for the lights?

Thanks, JJ
    yes he used acrylic in the end. now i told you about the tube you tell me where he got the bulbs. thats the part i cant find and he wouldnt tell me. lol

your rite G he was a great guy! been thinking about stopping in on mrs spare to see how she is.

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs. Spare could probably tell you where he got the bulbs.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Its a under water green led fishing light. REEL-LIGHT was the brand name... .Bob Spare a member here built and sold them untill his death. I miss Bob.....he was a good guy.
    I never met Bob in person, but we talked on the phone almost every week or so. Usually it was a joke we shared or something else funny. It was like I had known him all my life. He was a great person. I have 3 of his lights that are priceless. "G"- he made mention of you more than once to me on the phone. He thought well of you...

Proud Member Of Team Geezer
    Member: Michigan Chapter of Team Overalls

Post Thanks / Like

I made a submersible light with 50/50 LED waterproof lights from Ebay. A 3 meter strip with 150 lights was $12.68. They have an adhesive backing and I wrapped them around 3/4" PVC pipe and plugged the ends and used the bulb protector from a T-12 fluorescent bulb for the clear cover. I weighted it down with some lead shot from my shotgun reloading stash. Used it last weekend with good results. Did not see a big bait ball but caught 40 crappie in 3 hours. The light was bright enough to be seen on the other side of the boat.
    Keep them poles bent and the boat right side up! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I made a submersible light with 50/50 LED waterproof lights from Ebay. A 3 meter strip with 150 lights was $12.68. They have an adhesive backing and I wrapped them around 3/4" PVC pipe and plugged the ends and used the bulb protector from a T-12 fluorescent bulb for the clear cover. I weighted it down with some lead shot from my shotgun reloading stash. Used it last weekend with good results. Did not see a big bait ball but caught 40 crappie in 3 hours. The light was bright enough to be seen on the other side of the boat.
    Tried bulb protectors..... they degraded after one nights use.... had to go to clear pvc pipe.
    I DO MY BEST PROOFREADING RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE "SUBMIT" BUTON

Post Thanks / Like

There are better lights out there now and even some that look like the Ones you asking about, but made much better. They use aluminum stock and will hold up to a car running over them. Then there is even a better green light made my a guy that his site is LoomisLED.com and his are the brightest by far. I have one of them, as well I have tried the other ones I mentioned and also have a bob Spare light. I had one like his with the aluminum stock well built with 960 LEDs, but the 30 LED light I got from Loomis is much better and brighter than the one with 960 LEDs which says something about the quality of the LEDs Loomis uses.
    i have the 30 LED Drop light from this site and I don't think it possible to make these for less than buying them. By far the best Green Light there is!

Loomis LED - High Intensity Underwater Lights

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast