Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Which is the most useful feature/features on FF?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Which is the most useful feature/features on FF?

I have an HB 596c HD DI and have found it to provide very useful information for the fishing that I have done so far. I had done LOTS of research on FF's before buying and found that this unit provided the features that I THOUGHT would be most important to me. The person that I purchased the unit thru tried to advise me to consider stepping up to, at the very least, a combo GPS unit and STRONGLY believed that I would be better served by an SI unit on my home lake [The Chick in Tn]. I am wondering now whether I should have taken his advise on one or both. My question , which do you believe is a must have or are GPS/SI equally important?

Post Thanks / Like

GPS is the most important so you can mark your waypoints and get back to them. From experience, I'd take SI over DI any day of the week. I'd be looking for a combo unit with GPS and SI if I was you. Might want to take a little time searching, as I think there are going to be some deals on old stock as the new models come out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    GPS is the most important so you can mark your waypoints and get back to them. From experience, I'd take SI over DI any day of the week. I'd be looking for a combo unit with GPS and SI if I was you. Might want to take a little time searching, as I think there are going to be some deals on old stock as the new models come out.
    X2

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Shellback on the GPS being the more important. That being said I have learned more about my 2d using it along with my DI in the last two years than in the 10 previous with out it. IMO the side scan is the best structure finding tool since the introduction of civilian available sonar.

Post Thanks / Like

GPS, si

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shellback View Post
    gps is the most important so you can mark your waypoints and get back to them. From experience, i'd take si over di any day of the week. I'd be looking for a combo unit with gps and si if i was you. Might want to take a little time searching, as i think there are going to be some deals on old stock as the new models come out.
    x3!

Post Thanks / Like

I have mastered the on/off switch and find it most useful...

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If it came down to one or the other because of cost GPS and a good map card of your lake. SI/DI is great but not at the expense of finances. If you can afford it go for it. If not at least the GPS
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

X2 gray

SI is nice but if you can do it at least get a gps unit...well covered already as to why

Post Thanks / Like

the screen is a good feature