Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing older resivors

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing older resivors

I fish in older lakes where the creek channels are silted in. Should I stop looking for channel bends and concentrate on the points and breaklines

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcostanzo View Post
    I fish in older lakes where the creek channels are silted in. Should I stop looking for channel bends and concentrate on the points and breaklines
    What kind of structure/cover does your lake have? My home lake is an old reservoir as well. The old creek channels are silted in, and break lines are pretty much non existent, more like a gradual slope from shallow flats to slightly deeper water where the channels used to be. Those areas hold lots of fish in the Fall and winter months, especially where there is some really pronounced structure, ie. bridges, main lake points, docks, etc. Then they scatter to the millions of Cypress trees in the Spring and Summer months.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, it looks like I didn't get my last post out there.
    It sounds like we fish the same type of lake with the exception of the cypress trees. No cypress trees in Nebraska. My wife ask if it is difficult to ice fish in the cypress trees She does have quite the sense of humor. We hope to relocate to the South East within the next couple of years

Good fishing,
    Tim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tjcostanzo View Post
    Ok, it looks like I didn't get my last post out there.
    It sounds like we fish the same type of lake with the exception of the cypress trees. No cypress trees in Nebraska. My wife ask if it is difficult to ice fish in the cypress trees She does have quite the sense of humor. We hope to relocate to the South East within the next couple of years

Good fishing,
    Tim C.
    Not much ice fishing going on in Arkansas! My favorite time to fish those trees is when the temp is in the 100s!! Snakes, wasps, and skeeters love em too!!!
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Here on this lake the channels are silting in and losing cover so we sink our own.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs