Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Helping Disabled and Special Needs Individuals. Doing Our Part!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Helping Disabled and Special Needs Individuals. Doing Our Part!

Sometimes you are placed in a situation for a special purpose! I believe this, but like many I put this off as coincidence when I should see that God works in many ways. Anyone knowing Amy and myself, you are sure to know that we hold a special place in our hearts for anyone with Special Needs or limiting Disabilities. Many times I have thought to myself that there is someway I could do more, but I never took it past that initial thought. That is until the last few days! Through the process of starting our fishing club "Bayou State Crappie Assassin's Inc." I have been contacted by a special individual who made his thought a reality. Gene Kreideweis founded the "Assisted Outdoor Adventures" a non-profit organization helping to make hunting and fishing dreams come true for the Handicapped and Special Needs sportsmen and women. I am pleased to say that we have joined forces with Gene to make a difference and help individuals enjoy that outdoor experience that might otherwise be impossible.

Because of this door opening, others will follow! Just like today, I had fully intended to have lunch at Pizza Hut, on a whim I changed my mind to eat next door. As I entered, this very first thing I saw were 5 individuals in camo setting at a table, two of which were sitting in wheelchairs. Immediately, I thought that I should approach them but decided to wait until I had my order completed. During this process another man entered the picture and as it turns out we all had one thing in common. Today in that small place in Winnfield, La were 3 different groups all working toward one purpose. (Louisiana Handicapped Sportsman, Inc.), (Wheeling for Sportsman), and myself with (Assisted Outdoor Adventures). I was there for one reason and one reason only. Tomorrow, I will attend a lunch with (Louisiana Handicapped Sportsman) and unlock a few more doors, as I sit at my table later, it was a humbling experience as I thought about the big picture and how I had gotten there. Oh yes, and my fortune cookie said "A Pleasant Surprise is in Store for You"

Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a few doors have opened already....It's always good for the heart to help those in need brother. may God bless this endeavor you are under taking and smile upon you for it. Amen.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Sir. A tip of the hat to your efforts.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.

Post Thanks / Like

Hitting a few hurdles along the way but still on track!
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Great story for sure! Don't fret about the hurdles. God placed you in that "Divine" appointment, He will also get you over the hurdles. My prayer is for God to Bless the efforts of all involved.