Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adam's rib

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adam's rib

I know a lot of you guys out there have been married for a lot of years...If you could give a young man that is 20 years old and single for the time being some advice on women what would you tell him? I'm getting ready to graduate college in the spring and I've got a heck of a part time job that I have an opportunity at going full time at when I graduate. I feel like I have a lot going for me and I have met my goals as far as a career and where I want to be with my life right now. The only thing missing is someone that'll be here for the long run...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Patience, and she will come..... If you spend a lot of energy looking afar, you might miss what is in front of you. Good Luck!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

make sure you are good friends first. you have to realize that before you fall in love. it's easier to fall in love than to make a good friend. by the way my wife just looked over my shoulder and said "that's right buddy"
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

There is only one path to a happy marriage and that is through God. Both of you (as well as everyone) must have a personal relationship with God and ask him about every decision you make. God created each of us and he knows everything, and he lays out his plan for a good marriage in his Holy Word, The Bible. SlickFisher, I don't know you or what your reaction to this might be, but I'm telling you the absolute truth because I love you as a brother in Christ and I want to see you have a good life. If God's not leading you, marriage most likely won't work out. If your a Christian, well good, if your not, I pray that you at least look into it. Having a relationship with Christ is the most important decision you will ever make. Without him, you will be miserable for eternity. Marriage is the second most important decision of your life and if you make the wrong decision, you'll have more misery here on earth, than you can stand. I'll be glad to talk with you more, if you would like. Just PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadboy View Post
    There is only one path to a happy marriage and that is through God.
    shadboy is spot on. Put it in God's hands. He will let you know who is the one and when is the time. As a side note I offer this: A woman that is pleasant, slow to anger (extremely slow) and independent enough to keep herself occupied if she doesn't want to go hunting and fishing with you: PRICELESS Once God puts you together - Live to love and serve each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I appreciate the advice and you are exactly right shadboy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adam's rib

Speaking of Adams rib I kid my wife all the time. I say " when I get to heaven I'm going to ask God how long Eve nagged Adam before he finally gave in and said just give me the apple already I will eat it." She can't stand it when I say that. Lol. I tell her I bet she nagged him for 6 months and he gave in. Hahaha.
    Last edited by newly; 10-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

newly thanks for the laugh

you have been given great advice

as someone that is currently going through a divorce after 10yrs i have little to offer, i will say that if it is ment to be then it will happen and you should not rush things, i got married when i was young, 21 and she was 19, we only dated a year, i think you should date someone atleast two now. but like has been said before you need GOD, and both of you one is not enough, the bible speaks about not being unequally yoked and you would be well advised to listen, and no matter what you cannot make another person do something, especially love you back. life doesn't work the way you think it should, we just gotta trust,obey and pray, alot, and realize he has our best intentions at heart though sometimes we may not see it.
    i'd look for somebody that makes you smile whenever they cross your mind, somebody that is just as crazy about you as you are them,they have to love the lord too, somebody you can depend on no matter what and that you can be yourself around and talk to about anything and somebody that is truly a partner and i pray you never lose them. good luck friend, i'll say a prayer for ya.

Post Thanks / Like

hahah that's a good one Newly and we missed you at Norman the other day! Sorry to hear that Gobbler and thank you I'll be sure to say one for you too. It is some excellent advice from those guys. All that is what I'm looking for in a woman, it's just a matter of finding it. To be honest I don't know where to begin to find somebody like that though, other than at church. I go to a very small family church with little to no youth, so I've kinda got the dead in the water type feeling right now.
    Last edited by SlickFisher; 10-13-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with this - pray about it often, and practice patience. God will honor your faith - In the meantime, just hang in there, surround yourself with good people, and enjoy life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast