Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Keeping With the Plankton/Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keeping With the Plankton/Pics

I used my new Lowrance Elite 5x today again. I was in search for the plankton and hence the crappie. Every time I found the plankton it was Bam Bam crappie. I landed 50 today. Again all between 11-13 and released. I am so happy I got the Lowrance. As they say How Did I do Without It . Name:  DSC01091.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  41.7 KBName:  DSC01095.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  46.4 KBName:  DSC01096.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  42.6 KBName:  DSC01097.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  44.6 KBName:  DSC01099.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  77.3 KBName:  DSC01093.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  49.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Good report looks like you are having a blast!

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have this same lowrance unit but what do you have it set on to see plankton i have read where you can do this but i have not tried to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MeListen View Post
    I have this same lowrance unit but what do you have it set on to see plankton i have read where you can do this but i have not tried to do it.
    I just have it set on the Split Flasher setting.

Post Thanks / Like

ok i see in pictures where it is blue in color to right and orange in color to left is the blue or the orange the plankton.I am sorry for questions i have never played with this option but i can see where this might help my fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MeListen View Post
    ok i see in pictures where it is blue in color to right and orange in color to left is the blue or the orange the plankton.I am sorry for questions i have never played with this option but i can see where this might help my fishing.
    The green on the right is a blob of Plankton. The rest of the clutter also plankton but scattered. On the flasher screen the orange is nothing. The bottom is the red. Just below the red area is a line with a dot on each end. That is the bottom depth. The blue on the flasher screen is surface clutter as indicated on the sonar side. It goes down about 3 1/2 ft. The next mark on the flasher which looks purple is the plankton along with those couple scattered marks. Until I got this unit I was old school grey scale and never saw or understood what I was seeing. As soon as I get the plankton on the screen without fail I get fish. And they have been very aggressive to bite. Choice of bait seems to have little affect. Throw the jig out and watch the line as the crappie will slam it on the fall. I have been trying to fish 2 lines but can't keep up with the doubles so less trouble with one line. I am just beginning to understand what I'm doing so I may be all wrong but it is working for me. It does't heart that my fishing hole is loaded and I have it all alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for the details I see now what you are looking at I will Do some looking for plankton here in Alabama as the water starts to cool.

Post Thanks / Like

You sure that isn't fish rather than plankton? Think about it. You catch them when that shows up.
    Crappie bite twice a day. 15 minutes before I get there and 10 minutes after I leave.
    The two loudest sounds are a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and one that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.
    If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can generally count on Paul's vote.