Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pick the right ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pick the right ramp

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Kansas City District is closing USACE-operated campgrounds and day-use parks due to the shutdown of the federal government for lack of fiscal 2014 funding legislation.
    Affected recreation areas will remain closed until after the shutdown is lifted. This includes all of our visitor facilities, campgrounds, boat ramps and similar facilities at all 18 of our lake projects. Campers who are on site prior to the shutdown are required to vacate the campground by 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 2. These campers may elect to leave their campsite reservations open for possible use after the shutdown is lifted. Campers will receive a refund for any unused portion of their reservations.
    Customers scheduled to arrive while the shutdown is in effect may cancel their reservations for a full refund. These customers may also elect to leave reservations open for possible use after the shutdown is lifted and request a refund for any unused portion of their reservation due to the shutdown. To request a refund please contact the reservation customer service at 1-888-448-1474 (TDD 1-877-833-6777). The reservation service will automatically cancel reservations after a customer’s scheduled departure date during the shutdown period if the park is closed and the customer chooses to do nothing.
    All employees within the district have been notified of their status. Exempt personnel are those that are working on activities that have sufficient prior year funding and will not be furloughed until such funds are exhausted. Excepted employees are those who perform emergency work involving the safety of human life or the protection of property or other types of excepted work such as hydropower and flood control. They will not be furloughed. All other employees will be placed on furlough.
    Furloughed employees will return to work following the passing of an appropriations bill. Employees should regularly check the Office of Personnel Management website for updates at OPM.gov

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody know which of the Pomona ramps this would include? Would it be all ramps except those at Vassar State Park?
    Pay it forward; take a friend fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the Melvern crappie tourney this weekend, that sill the state park west ramp?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder about Marion since it's ALL COE's ramps? Yeah, the rivers ramp is KDWP, but It's pretty much impassable to the main lake anymore. I think Council Grove is all COE also.
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

All \COE ramps have barricades. Went by
    sundance at Melvern three vehicles with trailers. What they going to do. go use them and jam it up there collective.

Post Thanks / Like

just read that all the ramps were closed in sippi they are back open?? don't want to miss the daily fee ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by springhillwantabe View Post
    just read that all the ramps were closed in sippi they are back open?? don't want to miss the daily fee ???
    If I had a yearly CoE pass, I'd be pretty upset. The point of the pass is to pay for the ramp. Regardless of the government being shutdown the ramps should be open.

Post Thanks / Like

Just called Jayhawk Marina at Hillsdale. The lady said all ramps are open, just FYI

JW

Post Thanks / Like

Jayhawk is in the State Park, so that makes sense. When you say all ramps, you mean literally all ramps around the lake?

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

I asked her if any ramps around the lake were closed. She said none had been closed to her knowledge. The people at Jayhawk are in the know about what's going on there. I think Obama would close them all if he could, and if he thought it would further his political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by nmallare View Post
    Jayhawk is in the State Park, so that makes sense. When you say all ramps, you mean literally all ramps around the lake?

Nick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast