Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Twain ramps closing because of government shutdown. Only 2 to stay open

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mark Twain ramps closing because of government shutdown. Only 2 to stay open

The ramps are self using. Don't need an official to watch you back down and unload. Also closing bathrooms. Good grief people have to go somewhere. http://www.facebook.com/cannondamgen...ocation=stream

Post Thanks / Like

Are the rest of the lakes in Missouri U.S. Army Corp of Engineers run? That could be a BIG problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Just talked to a lady at the Corps office here in warsaw, and she told me that she is getting sent home and that they are in the process of closeing the ramps. The Corp office is closed the road going to kaysinger bluff is closed the bledsoe ferry rd. had a sign on it saying close. So who knows what is going on. All I know is that the rep. the sen. and the pres. is still getting paid.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's gonna enforce the ramps being closed if they all got sent home??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perchplucker View Post
    The ramps are self using. Don't need an official to watch you back down and unload. Also closing bathrooms. Good grief people have to go somewhere. http://www.facebook.com/cannondamgen...ocation=stream
    Which 2 ramps...I'm kinda dense!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark, looks like 107 ramp will still be open and I guess the other ramp is at Blackjack.

Post Thanks / Like

They said Ray Behrens was closed down
    Blackjack doesn't have it's own ramp to the best of my knowledge

Post Thanks / Like

Getting CONGRESS to do anything is like......

Post Thanks / Like

From South Fork Resort:

As of today all of the Corp campgrounds and ramps are closed to use. As far as I know there are 3 ramps available for use around the lake. They are the State ramp at Hwy 107, The state ramp on Hwy U and the ramp at Indian Creek Marina. Not the one at the swimming beach but the one right next to the marina. Both marina’s will remain open according to the Corp Office this morning. The State Park across the road from us is also open as is the ramp in there.

U

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Route U View Post
    From South Fork Resort:

As of today all of the Corp campgrounds and ramps are closed to use. As far as I know there are 3 ramps available for use around the lake. They are the State ramp at Hwy 107, The state ramp on Hwy U and the ramp at Indian Creek Marina. Not the one at the swimming beach but the one right next to the marina. Both marina’s will remain open according to the Corp Office this morning. The State Park across the road from us is also open as is the ramp in there.

U
    I would imagine up Lick Creek, Elk Fork and a couple other ones like BB and North side of North and Middle Fork and I point cove are all open as well. There are a lot of H/F ramps around the lake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast