Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need certain Jighead

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need certain Jighead

The typical jighead has the eye going from side to side. What I mean by that is if you were holding the jighead and looking straight at it you would insert your line from one side going to the other. What I am looking for is a jighead where the eye is facing front to back. Basically turned 90 degrees from the norm. I hope my explanation makes sense. I thought someone posted something like this somewhere on this site, but my search has been fruitless. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Took me a couple minutes to visualize what you meant but i got there:D and i cant seem to ever remember seeing that type of jig. Why do you need that style ? just curious

Post Thanks / Like

Jim
    Go to www.jansnetcraft.com and go to lure tab
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc
    Took me a couple minutes to visualize what you meant but i got there:D and i cant seem to ever remember seeing that type of jig. Why do you need that style ? just curious
    I am experimenting with a certain type of rig using the STABOR to attach to my line. With the normal type jigs I have to make adjustments to the STABOR, but if I can get this other type jig no adjustments will be needed. The system I am working on will allow me to rig numerous jigs on my line without having to tie any knots. It is a variation of the drop shot rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bttmline
    Jim
    Go to www.jansnetcraft.com and go to lure tab
    Tim

Thanks, but not the type I am looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw jigs like this at Bass Pro yesterday here is a link to them on there site, the pic doesn't show it right, but the eyes are 90 deg to hook http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jigsbydirk
    I saw jigs like this at Bass Pro yesterday here is a link to them on there site, the pic doesn't show it right, but the eyes are 90 deg to hook http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...rTarget=browse
    That is the ticket. I was at BPS on Sunday and spent about 15 minutes looking through the jigs and never saw this. It may be the one here in Savannah does not carry them, but now I have an excuse to go back and look. At least I can order them from their website. My local BPS also stopped carrying the STABOR, but I can order them direct from the manufacturer.

Thanks