Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomona- Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomona- Sunday

Took a long time friend (Steve) fishing to the only lake I had caught fish on lately and after the traditional breakfast at Green Acres and 4dz. minners next door we arrived to a fogged in lake Another boat was on the community brush pile near the ramp so we just had to idle around the south side of the lake looking for some piles, trying to get used to the side scan and marked what I thought was brush but turned out to be shad or "anonomyus propagation" so with the fog starting to lift we headed to the north side where I knew of some piles that Ron and I had fished a week ago. Found half doz. piles but could only find smaller fish, we moved further west and found more piles but not any bigger fish Went to the trees and the only fish caught was a nice green carp that weighed close to 4 lbs. ( Steve had fun bringing it in on a 9ft. crappie rod) We only managed 7 keepers that were released but got to see a Bald Eagle and an Osprey successfully fishing, all kinds of white pelicans and seagulls on the water and all in all a beautiful day to be outside.( I taped the Chiefs game and fortunately it was worth watching) Sure hope the "catching" gets better....still pretty funky for me but this is my favorite time of year. When the fog lifted and moved towards the dam Name:  20130929_083603[1].jpg
Views: 442
Size:  15.9 KBName:  20130929_085427[1].jpg
Views: 421
Size:  22.2 KB Steve with a nice LMB Name:  20130929_132648[1].jpg
Views: 438
Size:  115.9 KB
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pics Doug. I too, hope the bite gets better!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report and pictures, Doug. It sure was a beautiful day to be fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I drove to Truman that morning and missed a turn because of the fog. It was hard to drive in!
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."