Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Day or Night

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day or Night

I am new to this Forum as well as Crappie Fishing. I traded in the big 21 foot runabout for a G3 Crappie rig and I am ready to start putting fish in the freezer.

My Question is this time of year is it better to night fish with a light suspended in the water to draw in the bait fish which in turns pulls in the bigger fish. Or Just hunt them down during the daytime? The ones that I have found the past two weekends ( durning the day) have been suspended and are not hungry..

Murray..
    Murray
    Henderson, Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome

Quote Originally Posted by G3CrappieDude
    I am new to this Forum as well as Crappie Fishing. I traded in the big 21 foot runabout for a G3 Crappie rig and I am ready to start putting fish in the freezer.

My Question is this time of year is it better to night fish with a light suspended in the water to draw in the bait fish which in turns pulls in the bigger fish. Or Just hunt them down during the daytime? The ones that I have found the past two weekends ( durning the day) have been suspended and are not hungry..

Murray..
    First welcome to the board. You will find a bunch of great info and folks here that will ultimately be able to answer all your questions.

Second. I would suggest you fill in your profile info so that folks can know were your from thus give you more sight specific info.

Third. You cant go wrong nightstalking if the weather is nice. Even if they dont bite its nice to not have to worry about boat traffic, sun, waits at the lauching ramp. You can read Rango's article on the nightstalking subject via this link.
    http://www.crappie.com/rango/index.htm
    Again Welcome

Gooch

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Virginia. I can't help you with the night stalking but I'm sure Rango and a lot of the others in the Carolinas can.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to crappie.com, if you need to find out something, somebody here can help you out. as far as day or night, its a preference thing, some peaple have time during the day some can only get out at night and some of us go every chance we get:D the good thing about going at night is if they are in the area when you put your light out, they will come to you instead of tracking them down in the daytime.

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 6805 From Toledo Bend Texas!

Well it depends mostly when you can go as both should be good fishing right now. I only fish at night during the summer as it's too hot during the day and I think the crappie bite better at night then too. However in the fall and spring I fish mostly in the day, not that I will not fish at night, it's just simpler to day fish for me and I don't use minnows except at night in the summer and still use jigs at the same time. And the jigs usually produce the bigger fish!

Also who you ask will make a difference in the answer you will get.
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 12-17-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I am fairly new to crappie fishing and while I've never done much fishing with jigs(I intend to learn jig fishing and trolling soon) I really enjoy fishing at night. Personally I prefer night fishing because it is a lot cooler outside(that's going to change soon!), there is less boat traffic, and if you can get in a good spot, you can catch fish all night long. Take the time to read rango's article on nightstalking. I learned a lot from the article.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the info.. I read rango's article.
    I can see that I need more "stuff"..
    So off the the Bass Pro Shop I go..
    Murray
    Henderson, Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. I have a G3 as well and like it. I hope you enjoy yours.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

Love the boat, G3 has put together a nice package on these boats.. I've had the boat out on water the last two weekends in a row, The first weekend was to beak in the motor and do a little fishing up on Wright Patman Lake. Saw plenty of fish but most had "LOCKJAW". Last weekend we went to "Lake o Pines" and was able to run around a little as the lake is 7' low but we were able to catch several nice fish. I caught the first Crappie to go into the livewell, but the wife has the Biggest..
    So Far...
    Last edited by G3CrappieDude; 10-11-2006 at 11:23 AM.
    Murray
    Henderson, Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3CrappieDude
    Love the boat, G3 has put together a nice package on these boats.. I've had the boat out on water the last two weekends in a row, The first weekend was to beak in the motor and do a little fishing up on Wright Patman Lake. Saw plenty of fish but most had "LOCKJAW". Last weekend we went to "Lake o Pines" and was able to run around a little as the lake is 7' low but we were able to catch several nice fish. I caught the first Crappie to go into the livewell, but the wife has the Biggest..
    So Far...
    Life is tough when they get lock jaw. Not to mention the wife having the biggest fish. I'm sure like every other place things will get better. Look at it this way if your not catching your at least riding in style in that new boat.:D Mines a 2001 so I'm sure yours rides a little better.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD