Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: East Fork Results

Post Thanks / Like

Default East Fork Results

A disappointing turn-out with only 12 boats fishing East Fork, and with one exception, the weights were similar to Paint Creek--low and lower. However Doug Allen led the pack for the 2nd tournament in a row, this time with his brother Tim, both of Hamilton. Great weight and great job by both of them, as they ran away with the tournament, weighing 5.48 pounds and winning $396!! Their big fish of the day was .87 pounds--nice, but the 2nd place team of Delbert Price and Jimmy Blackaby of Morningview, KY edged them out with a beautiful white crappie weighing .96 pounds. Del and Jim won $264 for 2nd place and $120 for big fish, for a total of $384! Their total weight was 4.72 pounds, and there were several teams in the 4.4-4.5 range.

This brings the regular season to a close, with qualifying teams now moving to Rocky Fork to fish the Classic. There ought to be some big money available given the sponsors we've had this year, but Jeff will let us know for sure later.

See you there!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to Allen brothers and Price-Blackaby from Ky!!! Good job guys....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stumphog, did you fish the tournament?

Post Thanks / Like

Great job on the article Frank, hard to believe that all of the people on here that post about eastfork wouldn't fish the tournament. Thanks for all the travel and leg work to keep it going Frank.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats starvin & osker,nice win........nice talking to you friday fished-out......

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by starvin Fisherman View Post
    Thanks Stumphog, did you fish the tournament?
    No I work weekends and couldnt that day off along with partner being in Canada fishing for smallies... Made it to classic so see you there its been a fun year during this tourney series!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Jeep, like to see you out there with your boy some time. Used to be a father/young son team in the 06-07 time frame, always enjoyed seeing them. That young man grew into a great fisherman, think they're doing bass tournaments now. My daughter used to fish the Boars Head series with me around 10 years ago, before she had kids of her own. We even won a few. Best partner I ever had (no offense Doug, Jason, Bill and Mike (may he rest in peace))!! I'd do the pre-fishing, she showed up on tournament day and collected the money!

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully my work schedule changes like I think it may.....if so Id love to bring jr out for a few..... I let him fill in for my reg tourney partner in august for a boars head tourney & we won it......we both had a blast....since that tourney he's mentioned a few times he'd like to fish some this next year..... And he's been eyeing my nicer fishing equip......he mentioned a st croix rod for Christmas.......I've created a monster......any how will keep an eye out for next years schedule and see what we can do......looks like a fun series...good luck at the championship

Quote Originally Posted by fished-out View Post
    thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. Jeep, like to see you out there with your boy some time. Used to be a father/young son team in the 06-07 time frame, always enjoyed seeing them. That young man grew into a great fisherman, think they're doing bass tournaments now. My daughter used to fish the Boars Head series with me around 10 years ago, before she had kids of her own. We even won a few. Best partner I ever had (no offense Doug, Jason, Bill and Mike (may he rest in peace))!! I'd do the pre-fishing, she showed up on tournament day and collected the money!