Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Rods

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Rods

Im looking in to buying a 8'-10' rod for slip bobbering, jigging, and pitching. I was wondering what you recomend and also what should I get for a spinning reel? I was thinking B'n'M's Sam Heaton's signiture series or the Float and Fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with the Sam Heaton rods. Just use a lite to ultralite spinning reel to keep the weight of the outfit down. You won't have any problem with fitigue.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a couple 10-foot Pflueger Microspin rods - http://www.pfluegerfishing.com/produ...spin_rods.html - for slip-float rigs. I like the larger eyes, which allows the bobber stop to slip through a lot better. I've been using 10-foot B&M poles for years and always replace the tip-eye with a larger one so the bobber stop will come out of the tip-eye better but the second, third and fourth eye are really small too.

I pay about $30 for the Pflueger's at a local tackle shop.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

i don't own a 8'-10' rod so i can't recommend anything there. but i can recommend a reel, try the Pflueger Trion i really like it.
    fishing isn't a sport, it's a way of life.
    a motto i live by :D
    go dawgs!!

Post Thanks / Like

ck14 is right about the trion reels they are good,the president reel by pflueger is also a great reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rods

I have been bitten by the tackle monkey a lot. 10ft Sam Heaton super sensitive is by far my favorite jig pole. Still looking for a slip bobber rod I really like.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation kid24 ....

Quote Originally Posted by crappiekid24
    Im looking in to buying a 8'-10' rod for slip bobbering, jigging, and pitching. I was wondering what you recomend and also what should I get for a spinning reel? I was thinking B'n'M's Sam Heaton's signiture series or the Float and Fly.
    You might like the Duckworth FnF rod better ... if you are considering a 8' rod. I've got two of them, and they're great rods for casting jigs or FnF use. The balance weights are handy for balancing out different weight reels, to get your outfit "customized" to your particular feel.
    My Sam Heaton is only a 7' rod .... and I don't have any other rods, over 8' long (not much into "jigging" :D ) so I can't give you any comparison info on them (vs the Duckworth 8' rod). But, the Sam Heaton's are good rods, just a little lighter action.
    My FnF rods are equipped with a Mitchell 308X and a Shakespeare Alpha Ultralight reels. The Mitchell is a great reel, very smooth action and a fairly wide line spool. I use them both, mainly for jig casting ... but, I can still "shoot a dock" with either of them .... LOL!!

Just MHO ($0.02) ........... luck2ya, whatever you choose ........ cp

Post Thanks / Like

For vertical jiggin. IMHO You can't go wrong with a 10' Sam Heaton. I have several. They are really sensitive and have the back bone it takes to drag them slabs out of the heavy stuff. Crappie actually hate em.

Jigster

Post Thanks / Like

PM 1weezer about the rods you want or check the swap meet thread. I just talked to him yesterday & bought 2- 7.5 footers and 2 -10.5 footers for $25.00 a piece. He's selling off all his rods. I have heard nothing but good things about them. Can't beat the price.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried them all...and my favorites are (and BnM is a Mississippi company so I should be pluggin them)...1)UGLY STICK CRAPPIE ROD w/ 5 year warranty...2)Bass Pro Shops brand for over 10'...3) BnM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast