Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wateree Sunday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wateree Sunday

Two of my buddies and I got on the water at daybreak at Wateree Creek. Caught some at mouth of creek tight lining minnows on the drift. Moved up river on the channel and got a 1 3/4, a 1 1/2 and a couple of 1 pounders. Bite started to slow around 10:30 to 11 am. Picked up scattered fish from then on. Ended up with 37 crappie (cleaned 27), 1 striper, 1 thug and and countless white perch. Water temp 49 early and found some 55 degree water around 2:30 PM. Water was dingy above Wateree Creek and stained close to Taylor Creek. Wind not a problem til around 1 PM. Water level was normal.

Post Thanks / Like

thats one thing i like about fishing wateree scout, most of the fish you catch tend to be slabs. How much did the striper weigh? im gonna get off the crappie for a bit and hit wateree the next couple weeks, starting next mondy. dont know yet if ill be after any crappie tho. the stripers have peaked my intererst right now. we used that horrible landing at colonels last friday. it was a little easier this time since we knew what to expect loadin the boat.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't weigh the striper rango, but I'm guessing pound and a half to two pounds. It seems there are a lot that size being caught. I think while my son is home for Christmas we will target the stripers some. I'll pm ya tonight. Good luck today.
    Last edited by Ole Scout; 12-13-2004 at 11:39 AM.