Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joplin Area Fishing Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Joplin Area Fishing Report

Today is the first day in the past week the fishing has been any good and I'm wondering if the lake has been turning over due to our weeks worth of cooler weather. There's an old dock I fish and today there was a school of at least 50 crappie inside the slip of the dock in no less than 2 feet of water but they were biting. It is very strange because the other fish I caught were suspended at 4-6ft over an 8ft depth. I caught roughly 20 fish on a black and chartreuse 1/16 oz Big Bite Baits jighead with a Red/Blue/Chartreuse Luck-E-Strike Crappie jig. Does anyone have an answer to why these fish were so scattered and feeding so well today in comparison to the past week? If so I would love to hear about it.

Thanks,

-Trey

Post Thanks / Like

Probably following the shad.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I would think but my girlfriend and I went at 10 A.M. then again around 6 P.M. the fish still were there and there was more of them at 6. I couldn't imagine it being a coincidence or that the dock had a school of shad under it that weren't moving around the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

crappie are very sensitive to temp. changes, maybe your fishing a cool water lake,and the docks provided the heat the fish wanted, two or three feet make a difference to a crappie, if it is a clear water lake it the docks will provide cover,and shade, they will move in and out from shallow to deep, maybe enough plankton to draw the shad, maybe your just lucky and found the honey hole the fish just love to hang around, but I guessing food and cover close at hand

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they were watching your Lady.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is useless without a pic of the girlfriend.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

You wanted it you got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking couple, congrats on having a fishing gf.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like spikes lake to me. old dock on n. end of lake. sounds like shade and food. nice lookin gal.

Post Thanks / Like

old dock on west end of lake old coot goofed again sorry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast