Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Tackle Bag from Kearney!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stolen Tackle Bag from Kearney!

Normally I would not post something like this because frankly, its a lost cause! But I feel like getting the word out to everyone who is local! After all, if it wasnt for this addicting site I wouldnt have as much gear as I have! Saturday night between the times of 11pm and 7pm Sunday morning I had my tackle bag, two spinning rods and reels and a red cooler full of beer stolen from my house in Kearney! My beautiful girlfriend accidentally left these out of her truck in our driveway Saturday night and forget all about them! Lets just say, she has been crying her eyes out since yesterday morning and she feels horrible about losing it all!

Frankly I could care less about the two poles and the cooler full of beer! I just really want my tackle bag back, I spent way to much time and money putting it together how I wanted! I do not have a specific list of inventory for the bag but here is some details about it and whats all inside!

*The bag is a Red BPS Extreme Qualifier 370 like this one below
    Bass Pro Shops® Extreme® Qualifier 370 Tackle Bag or System | Bass Pro Shops

*Inside the front pouch of the bag I had a Large Browning worm binder that was filled with a mess of Bobby Garland, Charlie Brewer, and Slab Buster crappie lures! There has to be over 40 different bags in a wide range of colors, most of them never opened!

*Inside the main compartment were four 370 series boxes with red latches. One was filled with Rapala crankbaits or other misc bass fishing lures, another with worms and bass jigs from zoom, tightlines uv, and berkley. Another with misc lures and the last one was completely filled with jig heads, road runners, and crappie stuff galore! This last box also had a CDC decal on the outside of it!

*In a side compartment was a Plano spinnerbait box with about 10 different spinnerbaits an buzzbaits.

*And then the rest of the stuff was scents, weights, bobbers and the usual fishing gear!

*One of the rods and reels was a Plueger Trion GX-7 spinning combo that I believe was an ultra light and no bigger then 5'6" long!

*And the other one was a cheap blue Shakespeare reel with a bright yellow Eagle Claw rod!

....Cooler was red with bud light in it if it matters! Haha

If anyone in the area could keep an eye out for it when you go out next time I would greatly appreciate it! Mostly everything has been purchased from Rogers in Liberty with the exception of the bag and boxes. I have yet to see another one of these bags in bright red so it shouldnt be to hard to spot! I am checking craigslist and local swap shops hourly with no luck so far! I will be giving a reward to anyone who finds it or gives me credible info on who might have it! And if the person happens to log on here after seeing the decal on the box or perhaps the CDC decal on my boat...I would like you to please return the bag. No charges will be filed if you do so and I wont pursue damages for you taking it!

Thanks everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Dang man i hate a theft I sure would like to catch one n my house i would lock the door as i went in with them. (party time) sorry about your lose because hell its a lot of money in the tackle box.

Post Thanks / Like

I had just moved into a house in a (what I thought ) nice rural area in VA. Had the garage door open as I was moving boxes into the house a few at a time to unbox. After the second trip I noticed two of three tackle box's missing. Both had lures I had collected from my travels abroad with the military. Irreplaceable to me. I was never able to collect them back. Good luck in your endeavors. I sure believe we need to adopt the due process of some other countries and remove the hands of those caught stealing. Maybe then others would think twice about releaving someone of items they worked hard to get, and it would be plain as day who one would have to watch in the future.....

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Eric on this! I hate theft worse than anything and it's generally the people who don't know crap about fishing. I hope you find it! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

That is about as low as a man can get,stealing anothers tackle.I hope you find out who done this and file charges against them so maybe they won't do it again.With the way the law works anymore,nothing will be done.Sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

The only way I would consider filing charges is if I happen to see the individual with it at the lake and they refused to give it back. Otherwise I wouldn't even pursue that, I just want my stuff back! I would be more than happy with the person just returning it to my house when I am not there and everything gets resolved that way! But sadly with the certain groups of people who have moved into the apartment complexes beside my house and behind it...I have a feeling I will never see it again. This was simply a crime of opportunity, they saw the stuff sitting out and took it. I think I am more upset with the fact that they wont even use the tackle in the bag to its fullest potential! All that work collecting to be pawned off or sit in some guys closet for a few years! Pretty ballsy...they better hope I never catch them on my property again! Once again thank you everyone for keeping your eyes and ears open! Time to start rebuilding!

Post Thanks / Like

I wish you the best of luck in getting your things back.

Post Thanks / Like

When I lived in Laredo, Tx I had a problem with neighbor kids messing with my Big Truck, KW tractor. They broke windshield, stabbed side wall of steer tire, ex.. When the Police came they told me if I didn't have picture proof as to who did it, there was nothing they could do. Went to SAM's club and bought a 5 camera surveillance out fit and used a small dvdr to keep the sorry hullagones at bay. It's a crying shame when a person has to put out extra security measures just to keep whats his, his...seems like the law is on the side of the criminals any more...just a dang shame.

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Check local pawn shops.
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

Sure does sound like a crime of opportunity, as you said and probably locals. If it were me I would try a sign in my yard offering a reward and the offer of turning a blind eye.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast