Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: a letter from Tom Hankins to the Indiana Slab Masters

Post Thanks / Like

Default a letter from Tom Hankins to the Indiana Slab Masters

Tom asked to put this letter up on the website, if you haven't been there then you can read it here also:

Dear Indiana Slab Masters.
    Back in 2010 Jim Raymer and Myself worked very hard at trying to establish a crappie club in Indiana.
    We spent countless hours on the phone working out the details and designing a website to attract members and sponsors.
    Once we established a good base product we decided to announce it through crappie.com and have a meeting. We were very pleased with the turn out at our first ever meeting and that is where we nominated and voted in the officers of the club.
    We feel like we had the best guys for the job and what a great job they done. With the help of Glenn Gill, Charlie Hildreth, Myron Etchison and Ron Bilbrey we had a very successful first year.
    Yes we hit a few bumps in the road but as a team we worked through them and made this club the huge success it is today.
    With the addition of James, Doug, Damon and Mike to the advisory board our club tournaments are run super smooth because these guys all jump right in and get it done...
    Now with that being said it breaks my heart to say this but I have to step down as the Vice President of the club.
    My life has become extremely busy (Self inflicted.) and something has to give and since we now have a strong group of guys running the club I feel this club won't skip a beat with me stepping down.
    I will still be fishing most of the tournaments and I will always help out where ever needed.
    Whoever is nominated and voted in I will certainly help them out.
    I want to thank all the officers and the members for all of the support in making this club the best tournament trail anywhere.

Sincerely
    Tom Hankins

Thank you Tom for your service to this club! Without you this club would not be what it is. Thanks to a great competitor and friend!

Good Fishin' all!

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your duties, fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Life happens. Been fortunate enough to meet and speak with Tom, great guy and defiantly has the clubs best interest In mind. I'm sure he will be missed as VP however as he eluded to in the letter, there is a strong core group of members and I'm sure someone will step up and do a good job moving forward. I'm kicking the 2014 season off as a new member and look forward to attending events and meeting folks with likewise interest fun and fellowship through catching some crappie!
    It's just about being out there, doing what you enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom has done a great job, and won't be easy to replace.

David, welcome to the club, we hope to have many more new faces next year!
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys!
    It's not gonna be easy to stay outta the way but I know whoever steps up will have plenty of support... After all we do love this club.

David it was nice meeting you at Tanners Creek and I look forward to seeing you at some tournaments next year.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

tom you are going to be hard to replace . good luck in what ever you do. I hope I`ll see you and gill often take care . your friend walter.