Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ Report 09/21

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ Report 09/21

Water temp on the Big Niangua arm Sat. morning was 71.5 - 73 deg acording to both of my graphs. We launched at Larry Gale went down toward 54 Bridge dipped the piers big fat 0. Went back into the cove at Pelican Point as saw more shad in that cove than I've ever seen in my life and nothing was chasing them at all. Another big fat 0. Went back toward Gale and shot several docks trying various depths, jigs, minnows, etc....big fat 0. Started pulling cranks along the bluffs using 200s and 300s. Got 1 channel cat and 2 really nice crappie on the 200s, nothing on 300s. Did this for quite a while then went back to shooting docks with everything we had and once again, big fat 0.

It was a beautiful day to be on the lake, got to see alot of the planes flying in formation for the air show, but no fish. Better than being at work, but frustrating none the less. What's worse, I saw more teal than I've seen during teal season in the last couple of years. I have to think that if I was teal hunting, the crappie would be jumping in the boat. I guess there's nothing wrong with taking a pole with me in the duck boat.
    I have to stop and get get shells and minnows

Post Thanks / Like

You had a good weekend to be out on the lake. Thanks for the report. Were there a lot of pleasure boats out on the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

man that sucks on the catching, it gets better for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't able to go this weekend. Don't look like I missed much action, just one of the nicest weekends ever! That far down the lake, I doubt you had to worry too much about pleasure boats. It's that time of year when it seems like your on your own private lake. (almost)
    Crappie have been scattered pretty much down on that end of the lake. Since the middle of Aug. I've caught them a number of different ways, and truthfully not a whole lot. Nice to see the lake temp dropping, should really pick up here shortly. I've always done good on top of brush this time of year, and thru Oct.
    Looking forward to fishing the lake in Nov, and up until it gets tooo cold.
    Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. It was tough on Truman as well. Like you will hope it picks up as it cools down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    You had a good weekend to be out on the lake. Thanks for the report. Were there a lot of pleasure boats out on the lake?
    There were a few pleasure boaters, but not many. I saw several pontoons that were just loaded with people. 1 had about 9 and a couple of hours later there was another with I counted 12, but I'm sure I missed a few. The first one had several small kids and the second one was all adults. They were both packed in there like sardines and were both moving along pretty good. There were a couple of the monsterous water plows out, but not too bad. It was a really good day on the lake (except for the fishing).

Post Thanks / Like

atleast you were out,thats a good thing.better luck next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished generally the same area as you did and had it just as tough. 6 keepers in 3 days. Agree about the baitfish. It seemed like you could walk across all the bait

Post Thanks / Like

good to see ya finally rinsed the dust off the boat! too bad ya didn't catch a mess, though. I been seeing a bunch of those feathered rockets on the river, lately, too. seems early to see so many but looking back on the summer I have been seeing a lot of em. also seen a small flock of snow geese this weekend and a pair of adult bald eagles that were roosted together. the fish didn't bite real well for me, either, but it was a great weekend in nature!

Post Thanks / Like

At least you got out and gave it try on a beautiful weekend, the fish will come.