Capt Dave

Welcome to the report I thought I'd be giving LAST Sunday. The cold front came in Saturday afternoon and a night with rain. I had a bad feeling but, I had hope. We headed straight to the high tide grounds where at 8:30 AM we already found the tide really up. Water temperature, 68 degrees. We had a Potomac Pike hit in the first half hour, no hook up. Darn.. We saw a few but, they were having no love for our toads. The wind was blowing.
Try push poling for three hours in a tin boat with basically three sails helping to spin you around. I felt like I was in a sailboat tacking against the wind to move in the desired direction.
Once we got back on the main creek, I asked two questions, the first, is it too windy for fly fishing? (the answer from the client was no) The second was, "would you like to go to the truck to get your fly rods and tackle?" I got a resounding YES.
So, we started throwing flies because that is the style of fishing with which they were more comfortable. The result...it was too windy. She did put a nice bluegill in the boat. Skunk off...I guess. We broke for the facilities and headed back down the creek again. We had been on the water since 8:30 AM and it was now 3 PM. We saw a Potomac Pike like movement on the marsh bank. So, we started casting the toads again. We got a couple of hits. Again, no hook ups. Then, the big bass, he claims his biggest ever. We were cheering for a PP but, that's a big (and only all day) bass. We called it a day at about 4:45 PM.

Capt Dave