Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomona 9-21

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomona 9-21

I didn't have fishing on my mind Friday because my wife and I had just put down our much loved dog of 16 years and was just kinda moping around when Ron called, he was wanting to go somewhere to fish on sat. and we decided on Pomona since niether of us had been there in awhile. I welcomed the diversion and was happy to just get out and didn't expect or care if we caught any fish. Of course the 1st. stop is always Green Acres for breakfast and next door for 6dz. minnows. The first brushpile produced about 6 keepers and 1 nice cat., jigs tipped w/nibbles worked as good as our K-rigs. We went up to the 110mi. arm to try some trees and caught 1 keeper and no other bites so back to some brushpiles on the N. side of the lake. We had to bounce from pile to pile to find active fish....the action was pretty slow and minnows was the bait of choice. We ended with 18 keepers and 2 catfish ( and had a very enjoyable day( calm, fall like day) Thanks Ron! . Name:  20130921_135052[2].jpg
Views: 392
Size:  50.4 KBName:  20130921_155209[1].jpg
Views: 365
Size:  44.8 KBName:  20130921_155303[1].jpg
Views: 360
Size:  46.1 KB Cisco R.I.P. Name:  20130619_083447[1].jpg
Views: 367
Size:  66.2 KB
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great report! Sounds like a really good day to help take your mind off of losing a family member. Sorry to hear about your loss.
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the hound dog Doug, that's always tough. I've been through that and I'm really dreading the next one. Got a lab who is 8 and he's the best dog I've ever owned. Anyway, glad you and Ron found some Specks!! Looked like a nice day!
    "My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am" -- unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Nice good to see someone is catching crappies.

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to get 'ole Bob' from Salina back here to fish and Pomona is where. Thanks for the report!! Sorry about your dog. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, Doug. Glad you and Ron had success with the keepers. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your loss. Not fun.