Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: El Dorado, Marion or Cheney reports?

Post Thanks / Like

Default El Dorado, Marion or Cheney reports?

I'm hoping to go out on my kayak sometime over the next few days if I can. Wondering if anyone has any recent reports? Or, is there a thread somewhere on recent reports that I may have missed? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

No other threads except what you find here. Been doing ok at eldorado. Nit huge #s but good fish. With kayac I would try creek up on north east side. From turnpike down to main lake. Water still stained (with rain yesterday maybe muddy). Good Luck
    The Speed of a Rhino The Power of a Gazelle

Post Thanks / Like

yak the fishin has been so slow the guys that do the big neighborhood fish fries are usin chicken tenders and catfish nuggets

Post Thanks / Like

Ha, that's depressing!!

Well, I don't have a lot of time today, but I just got home from work and it's a beautiful day out (the sunrise at 41,000ft was incredible!), so I think I'm going to run down to Lake Afton since it's close. If I decide to skip church tonight (I know, I know) I may make a trip back to El Dorado since the day is that nice and the winds are calm.

If I catch anything I'll post back!

Post Thanks / Like

I made it out yesterday afternoon, but with the shorter day I decided to try Lake Afton. Been wanting to go there anyway as I thought it might be a fun place to take the family camping. It's nice little lake!

I was in the water around 2:30 I'd say. I spent a little while paddling around checking out the various depths and layout of the bottom. I first setup shop under the NW bridge. I saw a bit of surface activity there so I thought I'd get lucky. Nope.

I then paddled a short distance to the NW cove (South side of MacArthur) and fished the North short around some vegetation. I was fishing with a worm/bobber hoping for bluegill. Bam! As soon as it hit the water it was taken under! I reeled in a little baby channel cat, lol. He was probably around 10-12", but I didn't measure. I just tossed him back.

I tried the Eastern coves and fished the West banks around brush and weeds. Caught a single blue gill back there and the little guy just about swallowed the hook. While trying to remove the hook I accidentally cut the line and he got off. Oops. Oh well, he looked healthy and no blood.

I caught a single White Perch by some weeds. Tiny thing, about the size of the palm of my hand. I killed him and tossed him.

THEN, with about 2 hrs before sunset, I tried a little cove by the NW bridge. Found the honey hole for white perch! Those little monsters were vicious and attacked almost instantly. I figured, "Well, as I have to kill or keep, I guess if I get a lot maybe I can make a small meal." So, eventually I had a stringer full of the little guys. Also caught a few more small cats back there.

I put the Perch on ice in a cooler once I got home as I did not have time to clean them. There is still ice in the cooler as of this morning. You guys think they're okay to try to clean? If there's any doubt I'll just toss them. At least I did my part by removing a small percentage of the population.

Post Thanks / Like

done a lot of them that way back in my pbr days afraid to pick up a knife when I got home they are in ice they will be fine thanks for the report wtg

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good. I guess I'll get to it!! Thanks! May try to head back tomorrow morning to grab some more.