Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: GPS today

Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS today

About 6:15 pm today my partner was fishing and the GPS went nuts. I think the defense dept was scrambling the signal. About 2 -3 times a year this happens. Does it happen to any one else?

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Throughout the day satellite's come and go as they move throughout their orbit. You might have 7 satellites but if they are all located on the horizon or straight up they are useless. More than likely that is what he experienced. When surveying we have to plan the best time of day to accomplish the most amout of work. at "bad" times we try to work out in the open or just go to lunch. I'm not discounting that the govt was jacking them up, but considering all the different systems that rely on GPS data transmissions I would think it highly unlikely. The DOD also works off of satellites that we don't have access to.

You can plan to work during peak times here but it don't do you much good for fishing because the type of accuracy needed for surveying is not needed to locate brushpiles.
    http://www.geosystems.co.nz/support/....html?item=366
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Do different brands of GPS use different sattelites or do they all use basicly the same ones ?

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

They all use the same ones.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Hardyville Hart Co, Ky,45min fromNolin, 50 min. Green 55 min. Barren 75 min Dale!
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Cable Co. is giving alerts that there is Solar flars or something going on around 12:00 till 2:00 each day?

This may be your trouble?

Rowdy
    Remember This Beautiful World is
    ''Only Temperary Housing''!

Rowdy