Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to hold lights onto fishing bobbers for night time fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default how to hold lights onto fishing bobbers for night time fishing

Hey Guys. i do a lot of night fishing for crappie that includes glowsticks on your bobbers. I was wondering what everyone used to hold the glowstick to the bobbers. They come with a little plastic sleeves but sometimes i lose them or they fall off and im stuck with a extra glow stick and no way to attach it to my bobbers. if you any ideas or a diy please let me know. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Mr. Crappie Night Bobbers. The Glow Stick inserts into the float. There are no little rubber bands to lose
    Wishing you Blue Skies and Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

The mr crappie floats are pretty good and I also like the blue fox ones although they are pricey

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Froggy .... have you ever considered buying a box of dental rubber bands for braces ? You can find them at drug stores, Wally World, eBay, etc.
    Buy them by the thousand, then bag them up in 100/bag (or a handful) and put them in your tackle box, boat storage, etc.

If you're not sure they'll work ... PM me and give me your address, and I'll mail you some to try.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

wow i never thought about that! that is a great great idea! ill definitly have to give it a shot! thanks for all the quick responses. i bought a lot of 50 balsa bobbers on ebay and was looking at how to make a glow stick with them. so i cut them one in half and found out they are hollow in the middle and that a glow stick fits perfectly in it. but i dont want to destroy my bobbers by cutting them in half so im going to try the dental rubber bands!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll us vacuum hose or fuel line. Just depends on what size cork Im using, Cut hose depending on how much of the glow-stick you want to see.

Any auto parts or hardware store. Find hose that has the same size inner diameter as your glow-stick and outer diameter as your cork. Then use in place of the peg.

I'll try and get a picture up later if your not sure of the set-up I'm trying to describe

Post Thanks / Like

They sell bobbers with lights in them that run on a little battery. But the batteries cost as much as the whole bobber. About 5 bucks each

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

yea i have one of those left i had 3 but i lost 2 when they got hung up and vowed never to buy them again haha. and i do have lots of vacumm lines in my shed from working on my car! ill def have to give that one a go!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zuk1200 View Post

I'll us vacuum hose or fuel line. Just depends on what size cork Im using, Cut hose depending on how much of the glow-stick you want to see.

Any auto parts or hardware store. Find hose that has the same size inner diameter as your glow-stick and outer diameter as your cork. Then use in place of the peg.

I'll try and get a picture up later if your not sure of the set-up I'm trying to describe

Name:  IMG_20130918_151955_0.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  55.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130918_152103_0.jpg
Views: 1230
Size:  53.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130918_152158_0.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  39.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_20130918_152216_0.jpg
Views: 1122
Size:  124.9 KB