Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Cart Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Golf Cart Batteries

There was some mention of cart batts in the Member Sponsor Classifieds and several have pmed me and ask some questions. Decided to starrt a thread on the main board and answers any and all questions myself and others than run them can.
    Here is a link to the batts alot of us are running, they ARE the cat's meow for battery power for your trolling motor. U.S. Battery Golf
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll bite. At best, a new pair of Interstate series 29 deep-cycle marine batteries were lasting me just over 4 hours when trolling Bandits at 1.7mph in my 1860 Horizon boat with my Terrova 80 I-pilot on cruise control. Those batteries were around $100 each. Which battery would best suit my needs and what would the approximate price per battery be. My typical day on the water would be trolling or long-lining until my batteries are pretty much fully discharged.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Our closest dealer is in Memphis and they run around 160 per batt with a core. You would double your time on the water with these without a doubt, 29s weigh around 60 pounds each where the cart batts weigh around 90. I have pulled canks at 1.8 for 8 hours on numerous occasions this summer out of my Bass Cat Pantera II wothout discharging my batts, running a 101.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Which ones are you running. I found prices on the largest one and they are around $400 each.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I am running the Xtreme Capacity 2 in a 12 volt and like I said above we are giving around 160 each. Different dealers charge different prices but the highest I have seen is 200 each.
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    (662) 458-8925

Post Thanks / Like

Battery Sales and Service in Memphis sells those batteries for $143.69 each. This is before tax and if you turn in a core you also get that refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I'll bite. At best, a new pair of Interstate series 29 deep-cycle marine batteries were lasting me just over 4 hours when trolling Bandits at 1.7mph in my 1860 Horizon boat with my Terrova 80 I-pilot on cruise control. Those batteries were around $100 each. Which battery would best suit my needs and what would the approximate price per battery be. My typical day on the water would be trolling or long-lining until my batteries are pretty much fully discharged.
    I also run and 1860 boat. Its a tin boat but rather heavy. Without folks and full of gear it weighs 1850 pounds. I bought 2 new Everstart Max group 29 batteries from Wal Mart this year and have gotten 8 hours plus multiple trips this year with my 80lb Terrova running 1.7. That being said my motor is usually running on 4.5 and I usually go with the wind any chance I get. If you can get the cart batteries at a decent price I do believe they are better for crank pulling though.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I run a heavy 1860 tin boat with a 80 lb terrova. I run two group 31s......about 80 lbs each. I can pull cranks at 1.8 for 8 hrs and not run my batts down. On my third year with tese and still doing just fine
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I also bought the Maxx 29's after talking with Handi and several others. I have a War Eagle Predator 1860 (Terrova 80lb/I pilot) and also pulled over 8 hours without discharging the batteries. My motor also runs on the setting of 4.5-5.5 with the wind or minimal wind situations.

8 hours pulling cranks is long enough for me, so i can't justify the cart batteries. Also, there is always a wal-mart close by!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was suspect of the Interstate batteries from the day I picked then up at the dealer. They have been nothing but grief and extra work. I should have dropped them at the feet of the guy I bought them from shortly after buying them. He blamed my on-board charger from day one.
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast