Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: pro softbait glue

Post Thanks / Like

Default pro softbait glue

Does anyone use this stuff and whats your opinion? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It works well, however I found it messy.

PS it dries hard. I don't think it is any different than other gel-type "superglues"

Post Thanks / Like

It works but is very thin ,,, meaning it gets everywhere. I would think about taking it in the boat! What are you wanting it for?

Post Thanks / Like

want something to hold baits to my jig heads, use super glue now and it works ok after bait is pulled off barb a few times bait starts to open up and its check it every time you get a bump. we need a wire clip to go in behind bait on hook.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by impdog View Post
    want something to hold baits to my jig heads, use super glue now and it works ok after bait is pulled off barb a few times bait starts to open up and its check it every time you get a bump. we need a wire clip to go in behind bait on hook.
    I used to have that problem, back when I mostly used hollow body tubes on my jig heads. Used the Loc-tite Super Glue Gel with very good results. Got to the point where the tube body would stay on the jig, but the Bluegill would eventually eat off all the skirt "legs"

I switched over to using solid body plastics (tubes, stingers, etc) and haven't had much use for any glue, since. If/when any of my solid body plastics tear to the point that they won't stay on the hook ... I simply remove that body & replace it (just like I would do if the tail was bitten off).

Now .... I have heard of people collecting the torn up bodies, then "repairing" them at home (but could also be done while fishing), by applying a little heat from a lighter or match and melting the body back together. That works on solid bodies only, though. Hollow body plastics would probably require glue, or discarding into the trash.

There's also a member that makes jigheads with a wire retainer to hold the plastics on, if I'm not mistaken. There's also jigheads made with two barbs (top/bottom of jig shaft).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

It's the best i've ever used, kinda pricy

Post Thanks / Like

The glue is strong... But this is the best jig head I have used to keep the soft plastic attached. I have caught several fish without it pulling down. I use a lot of Lake Fork Live Baby Shad and Bobby Garland Baby shad.
    Name:  IMG_0164.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  26.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiezilla View Post
    The glue is strong... But this is the best jig head I have used to keep the soft plastic attached.
    Quit teasing! Where can we get that jighead?

It looks like the wire spiral continues right up to the head, which is terrific. Some screwlock heads I have bought have so much straight wire sticking out from the head (before the spiral begins) that one can't screw the bait close to the jighead.