Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: jordan lake question

Post Thanks / Like

Default jordan lake question

I fish jordan lake a few times a year and do well around farrington point. Im looking for some other areas that yield good crappie around jordan. im tired of fishing the same spot all the time.

Im not asking for anyones favorite hole, just a general area.

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Crowderj,
    On Jordan I put in at Ebenezer Church ramp and pretty much stick to Beaver Creek. If I feel like socializing, I'll fish the bridge right there next to the ramp. But usually by Friday night I need some space and solitude and I'll run up Beaver and fish one of the coves(or points for deeper water) on the left, or the right side of the large stump field in the channel closest to the stumps. Gotta get there kinda early or the best holes are taken. If you are a troller, the channel in the last third of Beaver can be productive, just stick to moving up and down that channel. I sat on one of my holes back in early April only to have a 'toon anchor up 15 feet away. My complaints fell on deaf ears. Big lake, man, big lake.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieJoe,
    Thanks for the advice. I think ill try it next time im down that way.
    Another question, Are the crappie in there pretty seasonal or are they there pretty much most of the year ( Esp summer )?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey crowderj,
    It seems like I catch the larger ones in Feb/March/April but you still get good summer numbers, just more 'chips. I don't mind catch 'n release as long as there are a few for a "fish sammich".