Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tracker topper 12/36

Post Thanks / Like

Default tracker topper 12/36

does anyone fish from a tracker 12' 36" Jon boat I'm thinking about buying one but I want one that I can fish out of while standing up and not feel like I'm going to fall out of. I'm also wanting to in stall a platform on the front of it
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think anyone of average height and weight would be an accident waiting to happen trying to stand up and fish out of a boat that small. Installing a raised platform is just going to increase the lack of stability.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If memory serves me right they only have 18 in sides and that narrow bottom like Mrdux said is just a recipe for disaster. From your pictures you look like a pretty good sized fellow so I wouldn't do it. Had a 14/36 and gave it away. Never could get comfortable with it and I'm not afraid of the water
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I took a swim several years back in a 12ft Jon boat. Thinking about it now its funny, but it wasn't that funny at the time. LOL I had to hang onto the side and kick paddle it back about 60 yards to shallow water to get back in it. It wasn't stable enough for me to climb back over the side.

Brad
    Seek first to understand, not to be understood.

Post Thanks / Like

id invest in a good life jacket and don't keep your phone in your pocket and you will be fine.......
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 10'2 plastic boat about 54 inches wide.I stand up it in quite a bit.You just want to b sitting and turn into the waves.I just watch where I use it.Itried the topper and it wasn't near as stable as the wide plastic boat,but that is just my opinion.I do keep a life jacket on while n it.I'm just a crazy old man,not young by any means.

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished out of a 14' topper, and it was very unstable. Standing up, is probably not the way you'd want to fish.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 12ft Alumacraft,ok if you are setting.

Post Thanks / Like

Tracker Grizzly would be a better option or a used older model Bass Tracker boat itself.
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't put a casting deck on a 1236. 1236 would be great for fishing just off the banks and back in coves where you can get to by foot. I would travel light with it in the event you do roll it. Pick you up a small outboard off Craigslist, battery, trolling motor, and fish finder and you're set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast