Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be careful out there especially running trotlines on MO River.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Be careful out there especially running trotlines on MO River.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be safe to say, Be CAREFUL in the water period. ALWAYS wear a FLOATATION DEVICE while in the boat whether you are a capable swimmer or not. Something as simple as a swallow going down the wrong pipe and causing a coughing spell can turn dangerous real fast on the water. All accidental deaths are tragedies....I sure hope everyone remembers to be safe. Have a great time the next time on the water.

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

X10000

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    X10000
    Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like

prayers for the family. bad deal for sure. I have been stricter on my boat rules, regarding PFD's, lately, but all I have is a regular lifevest and it's hard to force myself to wear it all the time. I fished solo today and did wear it most of the time, although I took it off to cool off a couple of times.
    I had a couple of friends give me some gift cards to BPS a few weeks ago, for taking them fishing. I think I'm gonna use those gift cards and add a little to it and go buy myself a nice inflatable vest.

Post Thanks / Like

South Point; Once you use one of the inflatable vests you will love it. I used to hate having one on before I bought Mine. It is the Onyx 119.00 one that I caught on sale for 89. I forget I have it on and find myself driving home with it on. I went back and bought one for my wife and she thinks it is great.

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I use the inflatables. Very comfortable even when the temps are warm. A worthwhile investment. Be safe everyone.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I also use inflatables. Used to think they were expensive until you realize no one wears the cheap vest so what good are they in a rod locker. Now we wear them nearly 100% of time we are on the water. Very cheap insurance when you consider the consequences and the fact that we actually use them...

Post Thanks / Like

The vests are the way to go
    I wear one all the time n really don't even notice it
    One suggestion though get the auto inflate model they cost a little more but what good is one you have to manually pull the cord on if you r unconscious in the water

Post Thanks / Like

Smitty ain't no dummy!! I've been doing well wearing mine this year. The phrase I tell everyone in my boat, "It only take a couple seconds to put it on, it takes a fraction of a second to need it.".
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast