Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: questions, questions, and more questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default questions, questions, and more questions

Hello, I just have a bunch of questions to ask and just hope a few can be answered.
    My first question is about crappie homes. I was reading that you can make crappie habitats that they will use to fish. Is this true and does anyone know how to do it? The next question is what is the most used bait to used bait and how to rig it up just right. My next question is about how i am new at crappie fishing and was wandering if there is any tricks and tips out there that might help me. Thanks!

RCC is offline Crappie.com Legend and Arkansas Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

You have hit the right spot to find out all of the above. Every single question is answered in one form or another. If you're interested in building some crappie habitat, you may want to go here. Crappie Cover and Lake Structure

Much debate has been written about minnows verses jigs and the combinations. Of course, if you want to know about crank baits for crappie, you may want to wander off to the Mississippi state forum and find the sticky thread Crankbaiting 101. It is the equivalent read of Tolstoy's War and Peace, but covers everything a person needs to know about cranks for crappie. The upper right hand side contains a search button which will fast become your BFF.

Enjoy the board and welcome.
    RCC's Crappie Eradication Service
    Eliminating your slab problems one fish at a time
    For free estimates give us a call at O U 812.

Post Thanks / Like

to the site and all of the above is true. Lots of info right here on this site that will make you an expert in every way to catch crappie.
    If you can think of one question that does not have an answer on this site, I'd be surprised. Enjoy.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Read up on Stakebeds and brushpiles as we build them for Crappie homes as you call it. There are many methods but if you plan on fishing Crappie homes or as some call condos , look into jigs or minnows fished in or around them.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great replies!

Post Thanks / Like

I will assume you are married when giving this answer. Just tell your spouse that you have found a new use for that artifical tree she has been using and Christmas while saying how she would like a new tree. Glue the limbs in load it in the boat and when you get over a spot you like drop it to the bottom

FISH ON