Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 9th annual fish fry!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9th annual fish fry!

Well, we have another one in the bag! We had our annual fish fry this past Sunday afternoon. Who would have thought it would have been one of the hottest days of the year. We booked the park shelter back in march and had a very nice day last Sept, so thought it would be just as nice this year. The forecast was to be hot with very little wind. I rented a commercial fan and had it on one end of the shelter. It made it a very pleasant afternoon. A lot of people called in the morning and said they wasn't coming because of the heat. We still had over 100 people there. I hadn't gotten much fishing in this year and so bought a few cases of some Tilapia and Cod to go with the Crappie and Catfish that I had. We didn't have much fish left. There weren't very many left overs this year. Everyone had a great time and some was already talking about next year. We had a few new people move into the neighborhood and so they got to meet the neighbors around them.
    I am hoping to get a lot more fishing in the rest of this year and next year so we will have more Crappie for the fish fry next year. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

You can never have too much crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a real pleasure meeting your Grandmother Chris. I had to laugh that some people thought you two were a couple. EB

Post Thanks / Like

That was a first. Normally folks mistake us for mother and son. I'm sure she would love to be 30 again, but I am not ready for my 70's.

Post Thanks / Like

She is a very young looking Grandmother, and a pleasure to visit with. EB