Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak Trip Report, Beaverdam Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kayak Trip Report, Beaverdam Creek

I fished Beaverdam Creek where it meets Limestone Bay this morning. Catch and release fishing and trying some new things. The mini crank baits didn’t work out for me except catching several stripe. I switched over to dragging jigs in three to four feet of water and picked up numerous Crappie. Best color was white Marabou jigs in 1/16oz. Water was 84 degrees at the surface. FYI, I tried jigging some laydowns in three to four feet of water with no Crappie found around them. All Crappie were in open water suspended 18 to 24 inches deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Gonna make me buy a kayak ditch!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for calling. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didn't call. Since I only had three hours and I was still debating if I was going until that morning, I didn't want you to come out for such a short time, LOL! Are you off this coming Saturday? I've got a great little spot to show you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreeneGiant18 View Post
    Gonna make me buy a kayak ditch!
    me too. looks like that may be the only way i catch summer crappie
    If there is light in the soul, there will be beauty in the person.
    If there is beauty in the person, there will be harmony in the house.
    If there is harmony in the house, there will be order in the nation.
    If there is order in the nation, there will be peace in the world

Post Thanks / Like

No worries. I couldn't make it anyway just busting your chops.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and the wife are going to the plains of auburn this sat. If we dont spend the night might can go sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Basser View Post
    I fished Beaverdam Creek where it meets Limestone Bay this morning. Catch and release fishing and trying some new things. The mini crank baits didn’t work out for me except catching several stripe. I switched over to dragging jigs in three to four feet of water and picked up numerous Crappie. Best color was white Marabou jigs in 1/16oz. Water was 84 degrees at the surface. FYI, I tried jigging some laydowns in three to four feet of water with no Crappie found around them. All Crappie were in open water suspended 18 to 24 inches deep.
    i was out there but never saw you we only caught 12 keepers

Post Thanks / Like

I started where Beaver dam meets Limestone bay just East of the little island. The Crappie I finally found were just inside the creek where it turns back to the east (just past were the stumps at the entrance that are marked with the PVC). The only boat I saw back inside the creek was an orange kayak, but he was way back to the east a half mile or so. The only thing I found the first couple hours around the little island were stripe. I tried jigging a few laydown on both the North and South side on the creek without luck. The Crappie I found were out near the middle of the creek. This area didn't even have any stumps back when the water was down, just an empty muddy bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch Basser View Post
    I started where Beaver dam meets Limestone bay just East of the little island. The Crappie I finally found were just inside the creek where it turns back to the east (just past were the stumps at the entrance that are marked with the PVC). The only boat I saw back inside the creek was an orange kayak, but he was way back to the east a half mile or so. The only thing I found the first couple hours around the little island were stripe. I tried jigging a few laydown on both the North and South side on the creek without luck. The Crappie I found were out near the middle of the creek. This area didn't even have any stumps back when the water was down, just an empty muddy bottom.
    ok im gona give them a try saturday morning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast