Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change is in the wind

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Change is in the wind

Driving through Springfield, TN this week it hit me, hard, that my favorite time of year is upon us in a few short weeks. The smoke from the barns for drying tobacco are working, the trees along I-40 are showing the first hint of gold and orange. The water temps will cool and the fish will go active and feed up for the cold months to come while they grow the eggs for next years spawn. Firewood piles are being stacked and covered in preparation for the coming snows. Shorts and t shirts are still the norm lately, but a jacket is with me now, as well as long pants and henley shirts after waking up to sub 50 degree mornings twice last week. And that was only in Virginia, I imagine the folks up in Wisconsin and Minnesota are way ahead of us. The first decorative gourds and pumpkins and indian corn are in the produce stands up in Pennsylvania, and the Wife got her Amish made basket out of Lodi, Ohio today. All these things put me into a happier frame of mind as I drive along and notice them one by one through the windshield. I hope you smile as you come across these things and others I haven't touched on, and enjoy the coming changes as I know I will. My biggest hope is that some of you get to make up for the fishing that I won'tget to do with the new job. I'm sure I'll be there in spirit, God bless and enjoy................Skeet
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, things change just like the seasons. I'll try to remember those that have had to make changes while trying to fill the cooler. Going to enjoy this
    fall for sure.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Be a very welcome time for me. Bought a boat in July and am anxious for some cooler weather to turn the fish on. I have yet to figure on deep water with suspended fish and the drop-off type of fishing. Will simplify things while I gain more knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

The leaves on some of our maples are starting to turn already! Nights are in the mid-40's to low-50's. Won't be long now!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Yep Skeetbum, sure do miss the change of seasons. Dove, pheasant, duck, deer, shad, crappie, smallmouth...................
    Good luck with the new job.

Post Thanks / Like

I just wish our change here would come as early as yours does.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 09-08-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice viewpoints riding along in the big rig. You have a writing talent my friend. Keep us posted on your view through the windshield. Neat!!!
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

ifish is right, you do have a way with words. It's a blessing to be able to enjoy what's all around us. Fall is my favorite time of the year. So many good things to enjoy, hoping I can one day feel things are good enough I feel comfortable about retiring. I'm getting close.

I hope your new job works out well for you but you can still get in some fishing. I travel through Springfield almost every day. Shoot me a line sometime and maybe we can get together and talk a little fishing. I make a few jigs but don't know anything about tying. Maybe I can learn something.

Good post!

Post Thanks / Like

Stop playing with my emotions!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

come on down to north sippi for a reality check, 96 here in olive branch.....
    DEAD AS FRIED CHICKEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast