Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O,k.,i told a lie

Post Thanks / Like

Default O,k.,i told a lie

I said I would not fish again until it got cooler,wrong. Went Thursday, Still hot water temp., 82 to 86 Only caught 17,but had a great time. I just got that itch and had to go.Got to go and play with all of my toys( sonar and boat ) Gave the fish,15, to a couple of gentlemen who were in the process of launching one of those aluminum, 10', cigarette wrapper thin jon boats. They were launching boat from the bank, nose first. I knew this was trouble, but felt I should keep my mouth shut( not my boat ). Long story short they turned the boat over and lost part of the fish I had just given them.I should have spoken up and told them the best way to launch their boat was transom end in first and pointed end on the bank for some stability. I hate those boats. Two men in this little boat is trouble They are an accident waiting to happen and could get someone hurt BAD. Will know better next time and will speak up before it is to late. Come on cold weather..... crappie1133

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie1133 View Post
    Come on cold weather.....
    crappie,

I agree! It finally cooled off a bit here in PA. Thank God! In hot water, the crappie seem to sit half dead in the shade and don't seem to feed at all.

Fall will be here before you know it?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got out to fish and had success. Eventually they will figure out the correct way to launch a bost from the bank.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

ONLY caught 17 ! Steve in so la

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the 17...went today and almost caught one, it just didn't bite. But we had a great time on the water watchin the sun come up. Congrats on the catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Went out last nite and only had one good crappie bite and 3 stupid catfish that didn't get the note that I don't like or eat catfish. On a side note. don't lay your rod down with anti reverse off and grab it and give a forceful hook set and then try to grab the reel handle! I dislocated my pinkie finger on my left hand. Add insult to injury, the reel was so fouled I had to hand over hand get the catfish to the boat. Was not a good few minutes till I got my finger back in joint. Happened to be same joint where I almost cut my finger off when I was a teen. Has been trouble ever since.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregsayers2000 View Post
    Went out last nite and only had one good crappie bite and 3 stupid catfish that didn't get the note that I don't like or eat catfish. On a side note. don't lay your rod down with anti reverse off and grab it and give a forceful hook set and then try to grab the reel handle! I dislocated my pinkie finger on my left hand. Add insult to injury, the reel was so fouled I had to hand over hand get the catfish to the boat. Was not a good few minutes till I got my finger back in joint. Happened to be same joint where I almost cut my finger off when I was a teen. Has been trouble ever since.
    Ouch!

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey from Louisiana 1133. Probably wouldn't have done any good to advise those guys. And it's okay to lie a little, you are a fisherman. GS2000, sorry about your mishap, but to tell you , I laughed out loud. Didn't mean to, but I have set back on a fish and made a birds nest myself a time or two. Not laughing about the finger. And I see my new friend Steve thought the same thing about the amount you caught. I haven't had much luck lately fishing in 88 degrees water, but at least the few we catch down here in the heat are already mostly cooked. lol
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both

Post Thanks / Like

You may not have told a lie, it may have been a little cooler..LOL I tend not to tell anyone better unless I see a true safety hazard. I have found that a lot of people are willing to receive helpful information and that turns me off to assisting others. I see it is a habit that I need to break.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

If a guy tried to correct all the silly things he saw out on the lake, he wouldn't have a lot of time left for fishing. I've had to talk a few people out of some bad situations like that.

Years ago, one old guy who was in his 80's was trying to put in with a small johnboat at Kentucky Lake in the back of a little cove. It was pretty windy and I was having my hands full keeping my old bass boat heading in the right direction. Almost everyone else had already gotten off the lake.

As I got closer to him it looked like he was trying to stand up but every time he did, he almost fell down. I got over to him to see if he needed any help and he said had put a new 24 volt trolling motor in his boat and was going to try it out and do a little fishing. He said his son was supposed to go with him but had backed out.

He was having so much trouble, I could see he was an accident waiting to happen. We talked for awhile and I told him I was fixing to leave but worried about him in his johnboat because I was pretty sure the waves were going to sink him as soon as he got out of that little cove. He finally agreed and I got out and helped him load his boat. As I left to head back to the dock, I couldn't help but think he would have probably gone under and not made it if he had gotten out of that cove. Right place at the right time.

My son & I helped pull another man & woman out of Percy Priest several years ago one afternoon in March. There boat was overloaded and I pointed it out to my son and said, "they'll be lucky if they don't sink that boat the way they have it load down." About 4 minutes later, my son said, "dad, they just went down." We took off and got to them in time to pull them in. It was a cold, cold day and they didn't have any life jackets on and no one else was on the lake."

Good lord made sure someone was out there that day because that was the only time I ever fished that lake that early in the spring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast