Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Struggling to get a pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Struggling to get a pattern

Recently been to Perry Lake with a GOOD crappie fisherman we did not put a legal crappie in the boat. Yesterday was better at Melvern Lake if you call putting five legals in the boat. Have fished trees, brushpiles deep and towards the bank, ledges. Do not think I could catch fish at the grocery store. Might have to become a vegan. I be so humble to anyone who would put me on a decide bite.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Meeder View Post
    Recently been to Perry Lake with a GOOD crappie fisherman we did not put a legal crappie in the boat. Yesterday was better at Melvern Lake if you call putting five legals in the boat. Have fished trees, brushpiles deep and towards the bank, ledges. Do not think I could catch fish at the grocery store. Might have to become a vegan. I be so humble to anyone who would put me on a decide bite.

I am not sure I can be of any help. We are headed to Melvern this weekend so hopefully we can catch a few although I plan on fishing for walleye and blues too. It has been fairly slow lately from what I have heard.
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Melvern from about 7:30 am to a little after noon and managed one big keeper. Lots of small crappie but very few legal fish. This is the third trip in a row that we have caught less than 5 keepers. Two years ago the summer/fall season was great, and last summer/fall was pretty good, but this summer has been a real bust for me. The guy at the marina said that some were doing well, so there must be a few fish around, but I have been unable to locate them. Never the less, it was a great day with good company, almost dead calm and a little toasty towrds noon. The only down side was the swarms of midges that were almost everywhere we fished.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been doing pretty good all summer on Clinton(some days better than others) fishing standing timber. Got Slabby Joe on some fish yesterday so the bite is still holding, though size wasn't as good as it's been. Probably done fishing for this week(may go tomorrow evening), but will be going Tues., or Wed. next week. Your welcome in my boat if your up for a Clinton trip . Will PM you my # if you want to call.

Post Thanks / Like

Ron you need to take Charlie up on his invite to fish clinton but be prepared to be humbled and taught a thing or two
    FAITH, FAMILY, FRIENDS & FISHING...... hopefully in that order but honestly, not always!