Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mr Crappie Solo setup question...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mr Crappie Solo setup question...

Just got my Solo in the mail today and I'm getting ready to set it up on my B&M Black Widow. I'm cross-dominance...write left-handed, bat right-handed, golf right-handed, play tennis left-handed, I'm all messed up. :rolleyes:

Anyway, when I fish I hold the rod and cast with my left and and reel with my right hand (I don't know if this is considered left or right-handed). If I mount the reel like it's setup out of the box, then the line will spool out the "top" of the reel as it hangs below my rod, this puts the line close to the rod. Is this the correct setup? To reel in the line, I have to rotate the reel the opposite direction than I'm used to with any of my other reels. If I convert it to "left-hand" then flip it around will this allow me to still use my right hand for reeling the line in...but this time in the proper direction?

Thanks.

Edited to add -

Well nevermind at this point. I was following the instructions that came with it on how to switch from right to left hand. Steps 1 -3 went fine. Step 4 says to remove the one way clutch bearing. I pulled out the clutch bearing?(hard to tell from the postage sized picture) and 6 pencil lead sized, quarter inch long bearing came flying out, along with the white plastic sleeve they are supposed to reside in. I managed to find five of them...

Can someone tell me what I did wrong?? I guess I'll just put everything in ziplock bag and see if I can return it, or see if I can somehow find this needle in a haystack last bearing somewhere in my kitchen and figure out how to put it back together. Bummer.
    Last edited by clay slayer; 09-01-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Clay, call Rick Collins at 417-881-5397 per Wally Marshall. Explain what happened and Rick will help you.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"