Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: what do you do different?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what do you do different?

I was just curious what you do different when you are out just to catch crappie compared to fishing for tournament crappie? Are there different techniques, strategies, or do you do as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mkeller View Post
    I was just curious what you do different when you are out just to catch crappie compared to fishing for tournament crappie? Are there different techniques, strategies, or do you do as always.
    Not much, as I am always in search mode, tourney or not. I do tend to move more in a tourney if I am not catching good fish though.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to move less during a tourney myself, hope to have my mind made up and some decent fish located and will grind on them. They may have changed what they are biting but they are in the area so I stay with them.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont do anything diffrent other than moving more when just fishing. Tourneys, i'll stay on the spot and work it until i'm satisfied i've caught the biggest of them before i move. Just fished a small club tourney last saturday and finished second. I worked my spot for almost 5 hours. Got 20 keepers to choose 8 from. Scouted that spot a week before so i knew they were there.

Post Thanks / Like

Relax and enjoy just the moment

Post Thanks / Like

Drink beer!

Post Thanks / Like

Mostly fish faster paced when not in a tournament and watching depth finder more. I spend a lot of non tournament time looking for new structure and checking old to see when fish are on certain structures. But always moving areas if not catching a good mix of larger fish. Always try to learn something new.
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shine Runner View Post
    Mostly fish faster paced when not in a tournament and watching depth finder more. I spend a lot of non tournament time looking for new structure and checking old to see when fish are on certain structures. But always moving areas if not catching a good mix of larger fish. Always try to learn something new.
    Thats the key, learn something while you are on the water. Marked a hump today that I had never noticed, fished this same area maybe 100 times in the last 3 years. Saw it and was off of it before I could mark it, cranks came across and I picked up 2 fesh. Turned back and found it again this time making a note on the GPS. Whether the fesh are biting o not I try had to learn while on the water.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925