Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Fryer for healthy fried fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Air Fryer for healthy fried fish!

I purchased a Philips Airfryer a couple weeks ago. I love "deep fried" fish and chips ....... but that food makes you fat and lazy!

I now put frozen french fries in the machine, and it cooks them perfect with NO OIL!

The crappie were slow all summer, but just starting again! I put my "Crappie.com" sticker on my pontoon! I will be posting some reports with pix soon. I was busy with the abundant bluegills on top, and with a fly rod!

Tight Lines

Post Thanks / Like

Crappitier, what is that coating on those filet's? That's one good lookin plate o gills!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great looking plate of food! I just Goggled the Airfryer and holy smokes, them things are not cheap by any means!! Guess I am going to be lazy(not fat anymore, lost over 100lbs this year) as long as lazy means sitting in my boat or on the shore somewhere! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pepop View Post
    Crappitier, what is that coating on those filet's? That's one good lookin plate o gills!
    Pepop,

That coating was flour, then egg, then Panko breadcrumbs (with a tiny amount of olive oil mixed in the breadcrumbs). A cook book comes with the Airfryer. This one is called "Cod Fish Nuggets" ...... but I used bluegills instead.

I've tried lots of other things on the fillets, and they are all good.

Those steak fries (in the pic above) were cooked with no stinkin' oil at all! It took me a couple bites to get used to, because I would always eat a cup of oil every time I ate fries!! And fries are probably my favorite food! LOL

Greg,

I was flippin' TV channels, and I saw this thing on HSN. On sale for $50 off (flex payments of $41 a month). I also lost some weight (30 lbs) and my passion in life is to sit in my pontoon in a crappie filled lake every chance I get. And yes, I'm also lazy! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Hey do the fish filets taste like fried?

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Thanks MattL382 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    hey do the fish filets taste like fried?
    x2.

Helicopter Pilot
    Vietnam 67/68
    Proud Member of the Southeast Asian War Games Team

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some good eatin Will look up the airfryer and start my plan of assault of getting one
    Indiana Crappie Federation Moderator

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    Hey do the fish filets taste like fried?
    Skip,

Yeah, pretty much the same? Even if deep fried is a bit tastier, I feel so much better eating without all the stinkin' oil! I'll get used to the healthy food! LOL

I love to eat fresh fish and fries and cole slaw (I cut a cabbage and put NO FAT mayo and a sugar substitute). I use "no salt" that's potassium chloride rather than sodium chloride!

The "omega three's" in fish are maybe the best food for you to eat? (that's why fish is called brain food) ...... but not so good with all that cooking oil and all the sodium! I've lost 30 lbs since Christmas ....... and I want to be healthy to go fishing as much as I do!

When I air fry something that tastes flat, I simply make a few adjustments and make it better next time ...... but without oil!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigarm View Post
    Looks like some good eatin Will look up the airfryer and start my plan of assault of getting one
    Big,

Check out HSN and look at the no interest "flex pay"

I really like it! I'm a single guy now, and I catch a lot of fish. Just set the timer and it shuts off automatically.

I put chicken wings inside and shake on some "Emeril's essence" ..... bam! That's all, no oil. It's even better than the Foreman grill. The fat drips off and the chicken tastes even better than fried!

When you eat food that isn't greasy, you won't want the grease anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

I know this thing does not look very large so how many filets can you cook. How much potato will it handle at a time? If people are interested in them it would help in making a decision if we know the capacity. Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast