Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: frabill flow troll minnow bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Default frabill flow troll minnow bucket

Hey All.

I'm thinking about buying a Frabill Flow Troll minnow bucket but I'm not sure it will fit in my live well in order to keep the minnows nice and happy. If you've got one, I'd appreciate it if you'd quickly post the dimensions. Bottom line is I have no more than 14" of clearance inside the live well.

As JoeDog will tell you, I don't have to worry about overcrowding the fish I've kept.......

Thanks.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Never mind. I found it on-line. It's 22" tall. Any other ideas? The one we have now has an opening that's just a bit too big. So when I put it in the live well, the darn minnows get loose. Not all of them, but many of them. Also, if I want to keep minnows overnight I can't just put the bucket in the water for the same reason. I'm thinking I'll just have to find two new buckets. One to hang off the dock (frabill flow troll) and something smaller with no mini escape holes for the little buggers.

Post Thanks / Like

I just took a small cooler drilled a small hole in the lid cut a little slit in the back of the cooler and hung a frabill bubble box or aerator on the back of it! Works just fine for me!

Post Thanks / Like

You can get an aquarium bubbler for around $10 and it will keep them pretty good overnight. I have a battery powered bubbler but it does not put out anywhere near as much air as the 110 volt one, so I bought an inverter for about $15 and run the 110 volt one in my boat also, just plugged into the cigar lighter outlet.
    I have one of the flow trolls but I got tired of putting it in and out of the boat and forgetting and dragging it down the lake. I use a 3.5 gallon insulated bucket now.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. It looks like we're getting the frabill to hang on the dock for overnight storage etc and something else for our boat.

Post Thanks / Like

AH....but wait.....the actual Frabill is only 13" tall!!!!! It's perfect and will fit like a dream in the live well ANY hang nicely from the dock. Bingo!!! Thanks to Fisherman's Daughter for actually going to Dick's and getting this figured out.

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    As JoeDog will tell you, I don't have to worry about overcrowding the fish I've kept.......
    Bruce
    He is the expert of non- overcrowding!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by embo_9 View Post
    Bruce
    He is the expert of non- overcrowding!
    Even the dust bunnies have moved out of my livewell!!