Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Summertime Pleasure Boaters!!!... It's That Time Again!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Attention Summertime Pleasure Boaters!!!... It's That Time Again!!!

Sadly, it is approaching the end of another thrilling summer of pleasure boating and [you] [pleasure boaters] have (once again) made the most of every minute of it… on every mode of watercraft known to mankind. As a crappie fishermen, we want to tell you how sharing the water with you in the summer months always brings new dimensions of social interaction, adventure and entertainment, and we will (again) miss having you with us on the water as the fall and winter seasons approach.

I don’t know what we enjoy the most about sharing summers on the lakes with you:

Whether it’s the additional social interactions and mental exercises at the boat ramps as (together) we wait for hours to put our boats in or take them out; or rather it's the stately parade of huge bay boats, deck boats and pontoon boats constantly touring the lake (back and forth) at half throttle with the guy in the deck shoes, captain’s hat and white shorts at the wheel; or rather it's the far more colorful, loud and more powerful array of speed and ski boats with their custom paint schemes, tuned exhaust systems, brushed aluminum, shiny accessories and state of the art stereo systems— with a much trendier, younger and louder crowd at the controls—blasting their music and piercing the otherwise boring quietness of the lake with such a harmonious mixture of sounds that make us all feel so alive, free and as if we are living on the cutting edge of excitement.

Name:  Fishing Clip Art-001.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  92.8 KB

Perhaps it’s the multitude of skiers, tubers, or the high pitched screams of the boats pulling them, or the hollering of the people being pulled, or the jet skiers and their endless circles, wake jumping and racing that we like the most, as they speed crazily around the lake, seemingly, as if they are on a mission to seek out and destroy any spot that might be too peaceful, tranquil, secluded or not adequately stirred up and perhaps just wide enough to execute a half dozen or so speedy, dizzying circles; or could it be the ever present test we have as fishermen as we fight against the endless wakes and swells, which promise to take (both) our patience and our fishing skills to whole new levels; or last but certainly not least, could it be having to guess which way they might “zig”, “zag”, or “cut” whenever we find ourselves in their high speed, totally random and always unpredictable paths, keeping us on our toes, on high alert and in a constant state of heightened readiness— because they bring their own style of nautical rules, boating ethics and boating courtesy with them—that we also like so well.

You know, I think maybe it’s all these things happening at the same time that have such a part in making summertime boating such a fun, social and adventuresome time for all of us; a time that we all have grown to look forward to with excitement and anticipation every single summer. We are surely going to miss you and all of your numerous contributions to summertime fun on the water, but…

Name:  Special K's Fishing Clip Art (4)-001.JPG
Views: 796
Size:  46.6 KB

There's lots to do to winterize your watercraft and store all of your on the water toys. You shouldn't put it off until the last minute.
    See you next year... ya hear!!!!
    Last edited by Special K; 08-25-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post!!!! I am all for sharing the water!!!! But when you have to get down in the boat with your life jacket in fear of your life!!!! Something Must be done!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Special K, we fishing people sure know what you are saying,thank God that He made other season of the year,I recond that season is called quiet time.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Post Thanks / Like

Well gee wiz batman,I have both a fishing boat an a big loud sport boat an people can be jerks any any type of boat.
    I've been fishing an buzzed by both bass boats an weekend warrior boats,we've been out in the sport boat anchored in a cove just chilling an swimming an had knuckleheads in fishing boats so close i could splash water on them. But there are also some on this forum that think they own the water,so if you don't like what goes on were you fish just go somewhere else. All people don't all show respect it's not just the loud boat crowd,it is also some of the fishermen...This is still a Free country,just do the best you can with what you got.. Boch

Post Thanks / Like

Good post. How great it would be to have 2 separate launches.

Post Thanks / Like

Great post special K..lots of truth in your statement,,But they totally miss the point,Its not a thing of who has the right to be where.And with someone with only 14 posts in 2-1/2 years really don,t see the point the fishermen are trying to make,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly View Post
    Great post special K..lots of truth in your statement,,But they totally miss the point,Its not a thing of who has the right to be where.And with someone with only 14 posts in 2-1/2 years really don,t see the point the fishermen are trying to make,,
    Just because I only have 14 post an only joined this 2 years ago does'nt mean crap. I have been fishing an pleasure boating for the last 50 yrs.I fish year round come **** or high water an there are knuckleheads all year long no matter where you go.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 08-25-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie53 View Post
    Great post!!!! I am all for sharing the water!!!! But when you have to get down in the boat with your life jacket in fear of your life!!!! Something Must be done!!!
    I appreciate the response jackie53 and agree 100% that the public waters are and (rightfully) should be for everyone... and I would fight for everyone's right to enjoy their favorite water sports no matter what it is. But I also know (and agree) that summertime is a dangerous and anxious time to be on the water on some lakes and reservoirs because of the speed, recklessness and overcrowding.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by genec View Post
    Special K, we fishing people sure know what you are saying,thank God that He made other season of the year,I recond that season is called quiet time.
    I appreciate the response genec. That's my entire point: That as fishermen we look forward to enjoying the tranquil and peaceful times on the water (fishing) when noise, chaos and overcrowding are not the order of the day. That's exactly why God made us seasons where we can enjoy the quite time on the water and a great bite. Good luck to you brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boch View Post
    Just because I only have 14 post an only joined this 2 years ago does'nt mean crap. I have been fishing an pleasure boating for the last 50 yrs.I fish year round come hell or high water an there are knuckleheads all year long no matter where you go.
    I think he meant that your lack of posts in the two years that you have been a member, AND your pointless defensiveness, likely indicates that your lurking has not produced in you the fishing skills that you desire. So....you sided with the group that you can ACTUALLY relate to.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast