PDA

View Full Version : 0095 Super jig?

rocket rich
08-25-2013, 12:14 PM
The manufacturer said they sold 57,000 of that jig in the state of Tenn. Who is using them?? looks like a leech color. they sent me a sample with my order?? I can't help but want to try them.. Not been catching much in my slough for a while. Hot and tough fishing. I guess I''m just gettting old:banghead:witching

rducks123
08-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Who manufactures them?

C_McKinney
08-25-2013, 02:03 PM
What they look like?

Blackhawk19
08-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I googled it and found this, I hope it looks better ther the picture.
Midsouth Tackle™ - Products (http://www.midsouthtackle.com/Products.aspx?menu=bynumber&jigpage=0)

jackie53
08-25-2013, 02:42 PM
They are habit forming (super Jigs)!!!!

mifon
08-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Joey Monteleone is a local sports journalist who wrote an article sometime ago about this particular tube bait. He tells the story that he was given a sample of a tube by Midsouth Tackle that was described as a "mispour". As it turned out, Joey M. took these tubes and fished them with great success. He reported back to Midsouth Tackle that he wanted some more of these tubes in that "mistaken" color. After some trial and error, Midsouth Tackle came out with the color and added it to their lineup of available tube colors.

Joey M. claims that these tubes will catch fish under most conditions and calls it his "goto" bait.

OK, now you know the "REST OF THE STORY".............

Mike

Dongotto
08-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the tip I will check them out.

I don't know about that color but the midsouth super jig in glow chart is my all time favorite bait!

Dongotto
08-25-2013, 07:04 PM
I was happy to see on their site they were selling caps. Then I looked at them and not so excited. LOL

skiptomylu
08-26-2013, 08:30 AM
I googled it and found this, I hope it looks better ther the picture.
Midsouth Tackle™ - Products (http://www.midsouthtackle.com/Products.aspx?menu=bynumber&jigpage=0)

Have to agree and think Rocky Top tubes look better, just my opinion though! Dn't know if theses are solid tubes, but Rocky Top ones are. I don't relally fish soft plastics as much as I should and will try to fish them more going forward, but just can't seem to put down the feather jigs long enough to see more. I have some Rock Top jigs and just tried them one time for a few minutes, LOL. I have a ton of soft plastics and will have to force the issue and use them more. Heck even the Slab Bandits I carry sit in my box too much as I know they do really well so I have to break my habit or addiction to feather jigs to use them more. Not sure about these though, don't think I will be adding another soft plastic to my supply until I use them more.

arkcrappie
08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I fish Mid South Tubes, period. They make a great bait. I do modify the barb on my jig heads so that the barb is shorter. It does not take a long sharp barb to hold the tubes up.

I'm not familiar with that exact color, but I do you use the color "Black Sparkle"http://www.midsouthtackle.com/Products.aspx?menu=bynumber&jigpage=400 which looks pretty similar. I'd say the color is good as I catch crappie in clear water to must water with the black sparkle.

rocket rich
08-27-2013, 06:47 AM
thanks for the report. I knew someone had to be using them. It's 98 degrees in st louis today so I'm not fishing for anything ?? I use a lot of Mid south tubes but recently tried the clear sparkle tails with the pink it's a killer so I order a lot of the different clear sparkle tail tubes. They really look like the shad that are in schools of thousands now, did just okay not great. Fall is coming

arkcrappie
08-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Rocket, thanks to auto spell, that came out as clear to must water and should have been clear to muddy water. Actually I catch more fish on that color in stained or muddy water than I do in clear.

rocket rich
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
It's rare that I'm fishing muddy water. not clear but good looking

NIMROD
08-29-2013, 02:11 AM
I tried super jigs but perfer the larger Umbella tubes made by Southern Pro. Those bigger tubes just have better action even on 1/8 th oz leadheads like I use . The leadheads can be pushed inside umbrellas which stays on better and avoids the need to use painted heads.:twocents

rocket rich
08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
never use painted heads. don't think it makes that much difference , I''m 73 and catch more then I'll clean , 7-10 is my limit

arkcrappie
08-31-2013, 06:45 AM
I don't use painted heads either. I pour my own jig heads and I paint some that I sell to friends, but I think it has been 5 years since I fished one

rocket rich
09-04-2013, 11:54 AM
well tried the 0095 , didn't kill um but caught a few dinks. Not my go to jig. fished it two mornings nothing to write home about