Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: More Fishing Avatars

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More Fishing Avatars

Adding to my collection. Nasty weather here. Finished painting bathroom (honey do). Time to screw around here...some life I have....lol

http://www.tomsstuff.net/id17.html
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-11-2004 at 07:08 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Adding to my collection. Nasty weather here. Finished painting bathroom (honey do). Time to screw around here...some life I have....lol

http://www.tomsstuff.net/id17.html

Hey, Cane Pole......where do you get all those gif avatars? I tried a search but didn't find anything that seemed appropriate for a crappie forum. Maybe I didn't look in the right places?

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill
    Be careful and make sure your anti virus program is up to date while searching for avatars and GIF files. I ran into a couple while searching. I "think" they were old viruses so they were caught. I swear, I do not understand what people are thinking when they create those things. I guess its todays version of moving an outhouse back a few feet. But at least we only did that on holloween.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Bill
    Be careful and make sure your anti virus program is up to date while searching for avatars and GIF files. I ran into a couple while searching. I "think" they were old viruses so they were caught. I swear, I do not understand what people are thinking when they create those things. I guess its todays version of moving an outhouse back a few feet. But at least we only did that on holloween.

Thanks for the "heads up" IBN.......I've had a couple viruses already that got past McAfee, so I changed to Norton. I now have 2 firewalls, 2 virus programs, internet security, spyware blocker and a scanner for incoming and outgoing mail. Might be a bit overboard, but it sure makes me feel better.

Post Thanks / Like

Default avatars

I scan my avatars for viruses before I post them. That is all I can do.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I scan my avatars for viruses before I post them. That is all I can do.
    They wasn't yours Canepole, it was some I encountered while surfing. I've got to remember to scan before downloading.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default find avatars

Use the search window to find gifs. I use google search. Type in fishing gifs in the search bar window. Be sure to scan for viruses. I get a lot of stuff from angelfire, lycos, tripod, etc. They are web hoasters, and pretty safe to use.

http://foxtrotters.tripod.com/animate.htm#ANI Look here.

You have to download the gif before you can check it for viruses. After you download a gif, right click and choose SCAN WITH option. This will ensure no know virus is attatched (if your virus pgm is up to date).
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 12-12-2004 at 08:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a list.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va