Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's doing what?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who's doing what?

Has anyone been able to locate some nice crappie anywhere I've been out a few times and only been able to come accross the dinky ones 4-6" I've been doing well for walleyes, but would like a few crappie for the freezer too.

BTW, how far do you think the Tigers will go? Them being swept by KC was a heart breaker for many people Just wanted your input.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

went to long lake near harrison last weekend, and managed a nice mess with my stepson, he had a blast, got most of them trolling jigs in 8 to 12 ft of water, a few were only down about 5ft though.here are a few pics (i hope)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down tigers

almost forgot to answer your tigers question......
    yankee's in three I am afraid seems tiger pitchers have forgoten how to pitch
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Steelguy where ya been? I've been working way to hard,no fishing for 24 days now. But that will soon change. I've got a couple of trips for Ohio planned this month and next month then I'll worry about deer hunting. Heads up to all I finished 6th place in the FLW league championship in Escanaba last month. The TV show is 10/22/06 at 11am on FSN. Two and a half days of small craft advisorys and 10 ft waves during a storm that blew threw. Should be some great footage of air born boats. Where are those crappie at? Tiger are just like MSU(new theme song)Just give it away.

Post Thanks / Like

hey steelguy thats a nice mess and must have been alot of fun also
    way to go make alot of us envious
    would like to see the tigers win but if you think about it they come along way from losing 100 acouple years ago

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the 6th place finish firetech, I know just how hard it is to finish well in a fishing tournament.
    I just got back from fishing the crappie USA classic in alabama on pickwick lake, my partner and I finished 10th in the pro division, very hard to compete against people who are more local, they spend tons of time putting out stake beds and brush piles, top three finishers all were from tenn.which borders pickwick lake on the north side.
    I usually go perch fishing at simcoe lake in canada this time of year, but am too busy to make it this year, need to hit the lottery :rolleyes: :D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to firefetchh & steelguy during the tournaments you've participated in. I would like to get the change to not only go to a weigh in (nice to see professionals catch slabs on a regular) but also compete in a ProAm event.
    Drdg188, it would be nice to see the Tigers advance and they have come a long way from being absolutely horrible to a team Detroit would like to believe in. Now if they can just manage to get out of the first round it would be even greater (something the Redwings couldn't accomplish after being the top dog in the regular season).
    I'm going to be off fishing for walleye so wish me luck. I have to post the pics of my most recent outing over the weekend.
    I'd rather be on the lake enjoying the thrill of my rod telling me there's a fish on the end of my line. :D

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

good luck on the eyes, and be sure to post the pics.I would much rather be fishing than working.............:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the fishing will come after I get off of work, so I understand how you feel . The good thing is we have a job to go to . I'll make sure I post the pics...as of right now I have about 20lbs of walleye fillets in the freezer and about 7lbs of salmon.

BTW, steelguy, where did you get a board like that to do your cutting? I've been looking for a nice piece of cutting board or even a sturdy table that I can fillet my fish on and not have to worry about doing it in the house all of the time.

Corey

Post Thanks / Like

have a friend that makes countertops:D
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast